Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden table/chairs

Options
  • 20-05-2017 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Thinking of making a timber table and chairs for the garden anybody know anywhere to get detailed drawings either online or in a book ?
    Or could I ask a somebody to make for me would this option prove more expensive than buying in a shop. I'm based in Meath/Dublin area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

avud wrote: »
    Thinking of making a timber table and chairs for the garden anybody know anywhere to get detailed drawings either online or in a book ?
    Or could I ask a somebody to make for me would this option prove more expensive than buying in a shop. I'm based in Meath/Dublin area

Google is your friend :rolleyes: Unless you have the tools to process rough timber I wonder is there any point ? The only advantage I can see is that you could use a durable wood like iroko considering most commercial garden sets are made from rubbish timber designed to last five years at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭timfromtang

recipio wrote: »
    Google is your friend :rolleyes: Unless you have the tools to process rough timber I wonder is there any point ? The only advantage I can see is that you could use a durable wood like iroko considering most commercial garden sets are made from rubbish timber designed to last five years at best.

I'd prefer heart of Oak to Iroko any day, much easier to work and just as durable.
    tim

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Advertisement