Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stamp 4 application

• 20-05-2017 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, I'm due to be married in about 3 weeks. I'm an EU citizen, my partner is Brazilian and our son will be born in October. Husband to be has already got a job with a full time contract, dependent on the fact he will shortly be applying for stamp4, at the moment he is on stamp2 and still attending school while working. I've looked at all the requirements on the website, the only problem is we don't have a tenancy agreement even though we live together as we are subletting. We are trying to find a place a live for ourselves but we need to get this stamp sorted asap. Would a letter from the person we sublet from and bank statements in both our names be sufficient proof that we live together? Also, a question about the baby. Will we be able to register him as an Irish citizen? My grandfather was born here, so potentially I could also apply for a passport, correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tatsplat

Since September 2015, in full time employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tatsplat

Ok, that's no problem. However my question is do we need to wait for my husband's Visa to expire in October (he holds Stamp2) or can we make an application to change his Visa status before then. And if so what documents would we need? I keep finding conflicting information online.

Advertisement