Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily limit

• 20-05-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Going buying a car tomorrow but don't have all the cash out, I have a daily limit on my account of 600 so if I take out 600 today and 600 tomorrow can I then get the remaining balance by buying stuff by card in a shop and getting 100 cash back? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ask your bank here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241 if present

For BOI anyways my limit is ATM withdrawals, so card purchases are not counted and have their own limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I believe you could just call into a branch and use your card at a counter to withdraw the money? The daily limit applies to atm's , the limit in branch is much higher, but bring id as well just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

Note that the branch probably has limits as well for walk-up withdrawals. They should be much higher than the ATM withdrawal limit, though; BoI's was €5k, if I recall. If you need to withdraw more than that limit, you can ring the branch ahead of time; they need a certain amount of notice to make sure they have sufficient cash on hand. Check with your bank to see how much.

Advertisement