Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerPoint alternative

Options
  • 20-05-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

I want to display a number of photographs and documents onto a TV that is installed on a wall.
    Its not a smart TV but it is connected to a Desktop PC.

Is there something i can put onto a USB Drive that could display directly from the USB port or do i need to go down the PowerPoint route.

Any advice welcome - I've no idea about PowerPoint so before i look at tutorials on youtube about PowerPoint I would like to know if there is an alternative easy solution.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

dball wrote: »
    I want to display a number of photographs and documents onto a TV that is installed on a wall.
    Its not a smart TV but it is connected to a Desktop PC.

Is there something i can put onto a USB Drive that could display directly from the USB port or do i need to go down the PowerPoint route.

Any advice welcome - I've no idea about PowerPoint so before i look at tutorials on youtube about PowerPoint I would like to know if there is an alternative easy solution.

Thanks

Is the TV permanently connected to the PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks Mordeith,

It is permanently connected but its years old and runs Windows Vista i think.
    I switched it on for the first time in 3 years last week, the only way I could work it was to use the screen mirroring technique!

Thanks Mordeith,

It is permanently connected but its years old and runs Windows Vista i think.
    I switched it on for the first time in 3 years last week, the only way I could work it was to use the screen mirroring technique!

Well you can output with various configurations. External only, duplication or extended. Either way depending on what the other files are besides the photos there could be various ways to setup a looping sideshow if that's what you're after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

thanks for the replies, both seem to suggest using the computer.
    I was hoping there was a solution just using a memory stick and not needing to even turn on the computer
    But i guess this is not an option.

Thanks anyway guys I have the screen monitoring sorted so I guess it will have to be powerpoint tutorials :)

• Advertisement

thanks for the replies, both seem to suggest using the computer.
    I was hoping there was a solution just using a memory stick and not needing to even turn on the computer
    But i guess this is not an option.

Thanks anyway guys I have the screen monitoring sorted so I guess it will have to be powerpoint tutorials :)

Depends on the TV. It could well have the ability to display a slide show of images from a USB stick. You'd have the check the manual.

Advertisement