Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB car insurance vs AXA

Options
  • 20-05-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Was with AIB Car Insurance for the last year, June 2016 to June 2017, was the cheapest quote I could get at the time. Renewal time now so got the renewal letter in the post. Renewal premium is less than what I paid last year with AIB to be fair, but I decided to shop around.

Considering the following information:

Male, 25
    Car: BMW 116D 2.0 ltr, Auto
    License: provisional ( soon to pass test )
    Past insurance: 1 full year, with AIB in own name, no named driver experience.
    No claims discount: 1 year

Considering AIB Car Insurance is underwritten solely by AXA Insurance, I couldn't believe the difference in price, considering exactly the same premium information!

When called AIB up, they said that there was nothing they could do and couldn't explain why there was a massive difference in price.

Decided to renew with AXA in any event !

IMG_1100.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Different distribution channels but the same underwriter. There's no requirement that they'll be comparable price wise.

Advertisement