Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

quickbeam wrote: »
    With Marge already revealed, then I'd no problem you saying the fates of Bart & Lisa. And wondered why you wouldn't. I was still semi-convinced you were who you said you were, especially when I checked back on the timings of Maggie's shots and when you were online. But then your "I'm a baddie really" post stumped me for a bit. I still hoped it was a ruse.

As I said several times, I never expected to survive this game.

I hoped to keep you alive for one more night to lead us.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Barney92 wrote: »
    My 5 suspects from last night were yosser, neurotic, jayop, digital and skeith. Four evils left (5 now if you count Vale/Nelson). If the judge is still alive they'll have to claim it and prove it. The only way of doing that is if the lynch is changed tonight. If not we assume the judge is dead. Now, Digi, sKeith and Neurotic are claiming NRVs so if the judge isn't yosser or jay then we know the judge is dead. The judge, if alive, has to come out and change the result of the lynch. Come out after 9 and say who the new lynchee is.

I have more faith in all of the claims that were made before today, with the slight exception of sKeith, but I'll still place his Skinner claim higher than current ones without evidence.

Just double checked the OP. The judge either approves or pardons who we vote for. He doesn't get to chose his own lynchee over the one we choose.

I also just realised he can't pardon himself. So Jayop's "alive until Friday" migiht not mean the Judge at all, or he'd not read his own role properly.
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Judge Snyder has the power to overrule the people of Springfield, and can pardon the lynch victim. The judge is allowed two pardons, and he can't use them on himself. After the vote, the judge will have half an hour to decide on if he'll use a pardon. In the event of a tie, the decision lies with the judge. The power of judging dies with the judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Just double checked the OP. The judge either approves or pardons who we vote for. He doesn't get to chose his own lynchee over the one we choose.

I also just realised he can't pardon himself. So Jayop's "alive until Friday" migiht not mean the Judge at all, or he'd not read his own role properly.
    Here's the problem with this. A judge claim now and proof is bad. Let's say we as a group say we are lynching jayop. The judge comes out and says I will pardon jayop. Then there is no kill, only new info is who the judge is but 3 kills happen tomorrow

Oh I sort of merged the two (the pardon and the decision in a tie). Never mind then, don't pardon anyone if you're still alive. I reckon that might have been Jay making the same mistake I made. Not really realising what the role was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I think the reason said he would be here till Friday because as far as he knew Barney came out and he was Thursday's lynch and he would be for friday?

• Advertisement

Oh I sort of merged the two (the pardon and the decision in a tie). Never mind then, don't pardon anyone if you're still alive. I reckon that might have been Jay making the same mistake I made. Not really realising what the role was.

What day was it there was a pardon? we can check who had died up till then and who after from unclaimed roles just to see if he has been killed or not. All we know is he was alive at that point for sure. Everything else is up in the air.

I think the Mods would take their time giving us results as they don't want to make it obvious whether he is alive or dead as well.

What day was it there was a pardon? we can check who had died up till then and who after from unclaimed roles just to see if he has been killed or not. All we know is he was alive at that point for sure. Everything else is up in the air.

I think the Mods would take their time giving us results as they don't want to make it obvious whether he is alive or dead as well.

There's never been a pardon.

There's never been a pardon.

I will need to check back, there was an indication he was alive at some point. I will find the post brb :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That's not what I meant by that statement. I was working on the basis that we'd lynch the obvious wolf in skieth tonight and then move onto me or Vale on Friday.

The judge cannot pardon himself is correct. I know this because I am indeed the judge.

If you don't believe me or if someone else roleclaims this then by all means kill me first but when I turn out to be team village be sure to kill them straight after.

Honestly, it's not the most useful of roles anyway as there's nothing to be gained with so many evil kills in me overturning one of the village tries. If I had some sort of ability to gain evidence by asking a question of the mods in the half hour post lynch then I'd be likely to pardon someone but as it stands I can't see myself ever giving a pardon.

I will need to check back, there was an indication he was alive at some point. I will find the post brb :)

Never been a pardon.

• Advertisement

This just in:
    Most honourable Judge Snyder has just sentenced Pter to a fate worse than death. The evil one....

giphy.gif

Votes:
    Pter (16): Chagan, quickbeam, tritium, partyjungle, nopeare, digital solitude, Barney92, Lord TSC, The_Valeyard, Pter, Raze_them_all, MrsFlushdraw, A Neurotic, Dottie_lottie, Jayop
    Jayop (1): sKeith
    sKeith (1): GUFC21

As Springfield rejoices the death of another evil player, it's time to consider how we'll rebuild.

A word from our sponsors.
    mono-lanley.gif?w=650

All right. I'll tell you what I'll do.
    I'll show you my idea.
    I give you the Springfield Monorail!

I've sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and, by gum, it put them on the map!
    Well, sir, there's nothin' on earth like a genuine bona-fide electrified six-car monorail!

What'd I say?

Would they really say that if the Judge is dead? That was last night's lynch. Judge may be alive, otherwise they are lying to us blatantly.

Personally I think the fact that most of the people who named me on the FFA are unknown tells it's own story.

This just in:
    Most honourable Judge Snyder has just sentenced Pter to a fate worse than death. The evil one....

giphy.gif

Votes:
    Pter (16): Chagan, quickbeam, tritium, partyjungle, nopeare, digital solitude, Barney92, Lord TSC, The_Valeyard, Pter, Raze_them_all, MrsFlushdraw, A Neurotic, Dottie_lottie, Jayop
    Jayop (1): sKeith
    sKeith (1): GUFC21

As Springfield rejoices the death of another evil player, it's time to consider how we'll rebuild.

A word from our sponsors.
    mono-lanley.gif?w=650

All right. I'll tell you what I'll do.
    I'll show you my idea.
    I give you the Springfield Monorail!

I've sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and, by gum, it put them on the map!
    Well, sir, there's nothin' on earth like a genuine bona-fide electrified six-car monorail!

What'd I say?
    latest?cb=20080603014419

The Judge is deliberating in his chambers.

Kent's reporter is outside the Judge's chambers and will report as soon as a decision has been made.
    ELPfXSX.jpg

This is Kent Brockman, Channel Six News, outside judges chambers.

His Honour, Judge Roy Snyder has determined that Kolido is GUILTY AS CHARGED.

An angry mob has gathered to witness the final breaths of Kolido.
    simpsons-pitchforks.jpg

Kolido looked at the angry mob and grinned. It was an evil grin. Flanders had to look away. As the grin became more menacing, Kolido shook off his costume. The angry mob paused then took a deep breath in unison as they realised who Kolido really was.

As the mob exhaled, Kolido took out a hidden knife

He thrust it into a chosen citizen.

Necrominus, a good lad, was killed instantly.

Without haste, Kolido was hanged.

Voting results to follow after this short commercial break.

Kent Brockman, Channel Six News, Springfield.

Here are the posts where it said the Judge did something.

Would they really say that if the Judge is dead? That was last night's lynch. Judge may be alive, otherwise they are lying to us blatantly.

I'm assuming that when I die it'll just be announced that I was team village but there will be no more mentions of judicial proceedings so you'll be able to deduct that the judge is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

latest?cb=20080603014419

The Judge is deliberating in his chambers.

Kent's reporter is outside the Judge's chambers and will report as soon as a decision has been made.

This was posted the night Kolido was lynched. So if Snyder is dead it happened after that.

This is exciting. The last unclaimed role has been taken. Who will Yoss claim now??

Are they? Say we lynched you and you are the judge( obvs just for an example) next day, no 30 Mon wait time. Now everyone knows you were the judge and mods have given everybody free info. I am working under the assumption the judge is bad as the only way to prove himself judge Snyder is to give 3 free kills

Dead not bad *

Jayop wrote: »
    If you don't believe me or if someone else roleclaims this then by all means kill me first but when I turn out to be team village be sure to kill them straight after.

We don't have the luxury of killing a villager.

What do you think we should do - go after a known wolf in Vale or try and get rid of a team? And if the latter, who do you think we should go for?

I'm assuming that when I die it'll just be announced that I was team village but there will be no more mentions of judicial proceedings so you'll be able to deduct that the judge is dead.

Just to follow on from this, these are the two parts of the OP that make me think this...
    The power of judging dies with the judge.

and

The Judge will chose who is lynched. If the Judge is no longer active, then the final vote will be the deciding vote.

ergo there will be no more mention of deliberations and the lynch will just be announced at the normal time.

• Advertisement

Did jayop just claim judge!?

We don't have the luxury of killing a villager.

What do you think we should do - go after a known wolf in Vale or try and get rid of a team? And if the latter, who do you think we should go for?

Break it down for me please.

What do we think is left in each team?

Did jayop just claim judge!?

Couldn't have been much clearer Raze.

Couldn't have been much clearer Raze.

Can you clear up how you knew you couldn't die till Friday then please?

Break it down for me please.

What do we think is left in each team?

No problem your honour. I think this is what you're looking for:
    So, all baddy teams got a kill (or conversion) this morning:

Four dead evils: Andy, Kolido, Pter, Sully.

We know Kolido was Hermann.

Italians started out with 3
    Riches started out with 3

3 dead evils excluding Kolido means one team is down to 1 and one team is down to 2.

Though with Vale being converted it could be 2&2 or 1&3 now.

The Maths of lynching Vale versus an unknown in the hope of wiping out a baddie team:

Currently 14 players = 5 bad & 9 good

Scenario 1
    Lynch Vale = 4 bad & 9 good
    Morning Munch = 4 bad & 6 good*

Scenario 2
    Lynch a baddie and wipe out a team = 4 bad & 9 good
    Morning Munch = 4 bad & 7 good*

Scenario 3
    Lynch a villager in error = 5 bad & 8 good
    Morning Munch = 5 bad & 5 good*

*assumes worst case scenario of no double targets or cross targets

Clearly this shows that lynching Vale is the "safest" option.

If we bet big and try and wipe out a team, we could win big or lose big. The question is - do we want to take that risk?

I think we need to lynch wolves every time from here on out, if we lynch vale. We might be able to get away with one failure if all three teams munch the same person.

A Neurotic - unknown
    Barney92 - claimed Maggie Simpson
    Chagan - claimed Lisa Simpson
    Digital Solitude - claimed NRV
    Jayop - unknown
    MrsFlushdraw - claimed Carl
    Nopeare - Ned Flanders
    partyjungle - claimed Apu
    quickbeam - Homer Simpson
    raze_them_all_ - claimed Grampa Simpson
    sKeith - claimed Principal Skinner, peeked good, so either good or Alpha Evil
    The_Valeyard - claimed Nelson
    tritium - claimed Krusty the Clown
    y0ssar1an22 - unknown

Dead and Evil:
    Andy125 - Louie
    Kolido - Herman Hermann
    Pter - unknown
    sullivlo - unknown

Dead and Good:
    avork - Milhouse
    Beakerjoe - Groundskeeper Willie
    dottie_lottie - Smithers
    Drumpot - unknown
    gufc21 - Barney
    Lord TSC - Marge Simpson
    Loughc - unknown
    MicksJaguar - Moe
    Necrominus - unknown
    Tigger - Dr. Hibbert
    Uriel. - Bart Simpson
    Xaracatz - Chief Wiggum

Ok so if Vale has been recruited then there's no point killing him now as unless Sully and Peter were the other two mafiosa we can't take out an entire team there.

I do have a feeling that they could have been from the same team but either way we're better going for Sideshow Bob now if we can at all.

A Neurotic - unknown
    Barney92 - claimed Maggie Simpson
    Chagan - claimed Lisa Simpson
    Digital Solitude - claimed NRV
    Jayop - Claimed Judge
    MrsFlushdraw - claimed Carl
    partyjungle - claimed Apu
    raze_them_all_ - claimed Grampa Simpson
    sKeith - claimed Principal Skinner, peeked good, so either good or Alpha Evil
    The_Valeyard - claimed Nelson
    tritium - claimed Krusty the Clown
    y0ssar1an22 - unknown

This is the list of unknowns now.

I think Skieth is an Alpha but given that he's been cleared we can leave him for now.

One of Yosser, A Neurotic or Digi have to go now.

Can you clear up how you knew you couldn't die till Friday then please?

I explained it above. I assumed Skieth was going to be strung up today since he's so clearly evil that my turn to be in danger would be Friday. I was hoping one of them would role claim and then I'd know that they were evil hence I didn't out myself before.

Are they? Say we lynched you and you are the judge( obvs just for an example) next day, no 30 Mon wait time. Now everyone knows you were the judge and mods have given everybody free info. I am working under the assumption the judge is bad as the only way to prove himself judge Snyder is to give 3 free kills

They could still do the 30 minute wait and say that the lynch will go ahead as planned. That would make it ambiguous as to whether the judge is alive or dead. Saying the judge sentenced Pter implies that the judge is alive. The judge couldn't sentence anyone if he's dead.

• Advertisement

No problem your honour. I think this is what you're looking for:

Got to be one of the three that hasn't role claimed so far then. There's 4 evils unknown as well as Vale. Surely 2/3 of those with no role claim are evil at least.

The problem is that any of the later roleclaims with no power attached to them are useless really because they are just hoping to get lucky and say the name of someone already dead. No priests is killing us here.

Our chances don't look good tbh.

14 alive with 5 evils
    Kill evil tonight 13/4
    3 kills in the morning (assuming they don't kill another evil) 10/4
    We lynch Vale tomorrow 9/3
    3 kills Saturday (assuming they don't kill another evil) 6/3
    Lynch Saturday evil 5/2
    Should there still be two evil teams left then we're goners 4/2

So without the evils killing other evils even with a perfect lynch record for the next few three turns we're still going into the Sunday night lynch with 2 evils vs 2 goodies. If they're on the one team we're dead. If they're not then it's pot luck as to who we lynch.

Advertisement