Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Pter wrote: »
    And by that I mean killing an Italian, especially their alpha, serves the other groups, as well as the village.

Does Andy's death do anything in terms of the numbers for the reveal plan?

You'd like the find out the simpsons family and maybe some other important villager roles so you can start picking us all off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

....yet dor some reason when I picture him I think of Jason Momoa! :p

I don't have it anymore, in 5 class we stopped wearing a pinafore and were allowed to just wear big girl skirts. Now I look at the kids in Springfield elementary, and think jesus they dont know they're born, frolicking round in their civis like that, not in my day I tells ya!

Oh another role claim. Interesting

Uriel. wrote:
    Who are you?

I'll show you mine if you show me urs, I'm on board for the role reveal if it's happening

I'll show you mine if you show me urs, I'm on board for the role reveal if it's happening

Of course you are you filthy tumbleweed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Jesus, does nobody sleep in Springfield? All sorts of excitement but one baddie down is a good thing.

I see I made Tigger's suspect list, which was inevitable I guess given that I didn't immediately fall in line on the whole reveal thing and actually asked some questions. I'm more suspicious of those who said nothing, or gave a lukewarm response. I'll be honest, if Andy hadn't been confirmed bad Tigger would be my number one suspect, as it is he's dropped down but staying on my radar. The reveal thing would've made sense with 1 or maybe 2 baddie teams I think, but with 4 - well, to me it seemed like a very ballsy baddie proposal, one which gave them a hit list of villagers and helped them identify the other baddies too.

Uriel. wrote:
    Oh another role claim. Interesting

Lol I'm just trying to add some small-town flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

tritium wrote: »
    A dottie and uriel, what a pair

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't have it anymore, in 5 class we stopped wearing a pinafore and were allowed to just wear big girl skirts. Now I look at the kids in Springfield elementary, and think jesus they dont know they're born, frolicking round in their civis like that, not in my day I tells ya!

This post reminds me of the time Bill Cosby visited our lovely Springfield...

Necrominus wrote:
    This post reminds me of the time Bill Cosby visited our lovely Springfield...

I'm certainly not claiming Cosby! Eek!

• Advertisement

Tell me Uri, other than me, who do u suspect?

Tell me Uri, other than me, who do u suspect?

Chaggie, the Russian and sultan

Uriel. wrote:
    Chaggie, the Russian and sultan

...this is America dude, speak English!!

?

Uriel. wrote:
    ?

I Dunno who ur talking about

I Dunno who ur talking about

Sigh

Chagan, Pter, Sullivlo

It was pretty darn obvious bob

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Uriel. wrote: »
    Sigh

Chagan, Pter, Sullivlo

Ah... I got Chagan and Sully but not the Russian. Agree about Chagan. Not sure about Sully or Pter.

Uriel. wrote:
    Chagan, Pter, Sullivlo

Uriel. wrote:

Ok I'll give u the first 2, but why the sultan?

...is it strictly a sul thing?

• Advertisement

...is it strictly a sul thing?

Cos Andy and protectionist ways

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Would Andy sacrificing himself to protect Tigger not be a genius move? Just saying, if he was on a gangster team he could would get instant credibility (if not a dangerous game sacrificing a team member so early).

And what is the reveal goal? The simpsons reveal themselves for what benefit? I'm obviously missing something because doesn't that mean they can be easily picked off with only one guaranteed protection each day?

Uriel. wrote:
    Cos Andy and protectionist ways

You don't think he's smarter than that?
    He knew his number was up, and that we'd pour over his message for clues, I'm not saying she's not but I can imagine that Andy fellow might send us on a wild goose chase with his final message

He knew his number was up, and that we'd pour over his message for clues, I'm not saying she's not but I can imagine that Andy fellow might send us on a wild goose chase with his final message

Perhaps. Perhaps not.
    Say hi to sultan for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

This.

I think we just need to hang tight for a while until we get word as to who is munched at 10. And until tigger hears whether Andy was rich/mafia/sk. I'm not suggesting that the doc should immediately tell us the exact role, but it might help us piece bits together if we find out which team won the kill challenge and whether that was the same team our dear departed Andrew was on.

Then we can go through everyone's posts and get a plan together for the lynch.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Would Andy sacrificing himself to protect Tigger not be a genius move? Just saying, if he was on a gangster team he could would get instant credibility (if not a dangerous game sacrificing a team member so early).

And what is the reveal goal? The simpsons reveal themselves for what benefit? I'm obviously missing something because doesn't that mean they can be easily picked off with only one guaranteed protection each day?
    Yes it's a dumb idea.
    Anyone that pushes it doesn't have the village interest at heart.
    I like you drummer boy you shall go on My second list.

Now play a soft beat please.

sullivlo wrote: »
    This.

I think we just need to hang tight for a while until we get word as to who is munched at 10. And until tigger hears whether Andy was rich/mafia/sk. I'm not suggesting that the doc should immediately tell us the exact role, but it might help us piece bits together if we find out which team won the kill challenge and whether that was the same team our dear departed Andrew was on.

Then we can go through everyone's posts and get a plan together for the lynch.

If this wasn't Springfield I'd swear you were the genie...
    Appears in a puff of smoke Everytime an accusation is leveled.hello sulli How's you?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    I don't get qb's logic.
    Lets say the 4 simpsons do as suggested here. wolves attempt to munch one and fail. they have identified homer. next they munch any of the other 3. then they all die.

Am i wrong in thinking this is very bad idea?

Happy to have my logic picked apart. I'm not saying it's a brilliant plan. I was hoping for feedback. However, Homer can't be killed as long as any of the Simpsons are alive. All that means is that he can't be the one to go first. If they munch one of the other 4 (not 3 - Marge is included, though I don't suggest she outs herself) then Homer loses his invulnerability. But each still has to be picked off one by one. It's not a case of "kill one, all die". My logic was that if we had four confirmed goodies then it'd be four people the seer didn't need to peek, Ned could avoid preaching to, etc. Yes, all would probably eventually get killed, but the game isn't about surviving until the end, it's about your team winning. And really, all except Maggie are bascially NRVs anyway, and once Maggie has used her last bullet she's just a NRV too. So I'd rather the Simpsons died than have Clancy, Judge, Julius, Willie or indeed Moe killed.
    Drumpot wrote: »

The above should answer yours too. Yes, the Simpsons will get picked off. But it's for the benefit of team-Village.

It worked before in another universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

If this wasn't Springfield I'd swear you were the genie...
    Appears in a puff of smoke Everytime an accusation is leveled.hello sulli How's you?

latest?cb=20130719001923

Merely catching up, U. I'm good thanks. WBY?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yes it's a dumb idea.
    Anyone that pushes it doesn't have the village interest at heart.
    I like you drummer boy you shall go on My second list.

Now play a soft beat please.

Well, the one proposing it is dumb. But it makes sense to me.

Advertisement