Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

quickbeam wrote:
    It worked before in another universe.

I read about that! Seemed like chaos at first, but it all came right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Happy to have my logic picked apart. I'm not saying it's a brilliant plan. I was hoping for feedback. However, Homer can't be killed as long as any of the Simpsons are alive. All that means is that he can't be the one to go first. If they munch one of the other 4 (not 3 - Marge is included, though I don't suggest she outs herself) then Homer loses his invulnerability. But each still has to be picked off one by one. It's not a case of "kill one, all die". My logic was that if we had four confirmed goodies then it'd be four people the seer didn't need to peek, Ned could avoid preaching to, etc. Yes, all would probably eventually get killed, but the game isn't about surviving until the end, it's about your team winning. And really, all except Maggie are bascially NRVs anyway, and once Maggie has used her last bullet she's just a NRV too. So I'd rather the Simpsons died than have Clancy, Judge, Julius, Willie or indeed Moe killed.

The above should answer yours too. Yes, the Simpsons will get picked off. But it's for the benefit of team-Village.

There's more baddies and more kills than in the alternate universe of which you speak. The effectiveness of such a move is less this time.

Do you ever get phantom limb?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I don't know why I'm being cast as a suspect, but I shouldn't be. Just trying to help the village here and keep us focused.

I don't have suspects yet as its still too early for me. I'm watching out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Happy to have my logic picked apart. I'm not saying it's a brilliant plan. I was hoping for feedback. However, Homer can't be killed as long as any of the Simpsons are alive. All that means is that he can't be the one to go first. If they munch one of the other 4 (not 3 - Marge is included, though I don't suggest she outs herself) then Homer loses his invulnerability. But each still has to be picked off one by one. It's not a case of "kill one, all die". My logic was that if we had four confirmed goodies then it'd be four people the seer didn't need to peek, Ned could avoid preaching to, etc. Yes, all would probably eventually get killed, but the game isn't about surviving until the end, it's about your team winning. And really, all except Maggie are bascially NRVs anyway, and once Maggie has used her last bullet she's just a NRV too. So I'd rather the Simpsons died than have Clancy, Judge, Julius, Willie or indeed Moe killed.

The above should answer yours too. Yes, the Simpsons will get picked off. But it's for the benefit of team-Village.

I agree with qb here. Might be good for the simpsons to be a block vote. It's 4 guaranteed group votes for the lynch (5 if Maggie can sneak in). And they'll get picked off, but that will keep the bad guys occupied and split them. Remember they can't communicate so there's a bigger chance of them going for the same person if some roles are confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

morning y'all. so day 0 got pretty exciting i see. still need to catch up, was dying a death yesterday and ended up binge watching season 3 of 12 monkeys.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote:
    I don't know why I'm being cast as a suspect, but I shouldn't be. Just trying to help the village here and keep us focused.

Oh well, if u say so!

Lol try harder!

Oh well, if u say so!

Lol try harder!

Well thats the plan - as i see things during the day i will point them out and we take it from there - a lot has changed since yesterday, so i don't really have anything just yet concrete that isnt jumping on momentum for others.

Ill watch and wait and help how i can, when i start seeing something suspicious.

TL:DR, Its fairly redundant, but watch everyone, even those who condemned Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

sullivlo wrote: »
    I agree with qb here. Might be good for the simpsons to be a block vote. It's 4 guaranteed group votes for the lynch (5 if Maggie can sneak in). And they'll get picked off, but that will keep the bad guys occupied and split them. Remember they can't communicate so there's a bigger chance of them going for the same person if some roles are confirmed.

I would think that's a better logic perhaps after day 2 when there is reasonable amount of chatter. I remember reading about another village (was it shelbyville?) and the villagers killed each other trying to find the baddies.)

Right now we have 29 villagers, only 7 of them are undesirable. With the simpsons out of the way you have 25 villagers with a over a 2/3 chance of lynching a villager.

Unless we do the reveal plan, very little has changed from yesterday in terms of who should reveal (only Krusty).

The Simpsons coming out would be a bad idea right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sully and qb....

Reveal the simpsons? Block vote?

Ye do realise there's like four to 7 kills in a day right?

Also reread the op. Homer is alive once "all" his immediate family are alive. Simpsons coming out or block voting, is terrible advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Well, I'm still not in favour of the reveal (wonder is that why Tigger is mentioning me...). How will we know who's telling the truth, whereas the baddies will just be able to pick off whoever they want then.

I would be in favour of Nelson coming out to be shot. Himself and Krusty make the peeks less useful, and Nelson is more of a danger as he could be turned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

My poor head. I ended up going nuts at Moe's yesterday and rounded it off with a few bottles of Duff at home. I have a ton of catching g up to do here so I'll get started reading back shortly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Well, I'm still not in favour of the reveal (wonder is that why Tigger is mentioning me...). How will we know who's telling the truth, whereas the baddies will just be able to pick off whoever they want then.

I would be in favour of Nelson coming out to be shot. Himself and Krusty make the peeks less useful, and Nelson is more of a danger as he could be turned.

The reveal idea, as I see it, is that at most, there would be seven conflicts. There couldn't be more, provided all good guys tell the truth. There could actually be less, if the baddies don't coordinate properly.

So at worst case, of every good guy tells the truth, we get a list of 14 people to go through (as opposed to 29). It basically clears half he village.

With one bullet and seer peaks, that 14 would get whittled down quick enough. 50/50 with every choice, basically. And when we get a baddy, we move on to the next conflict.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Sully and qb....

Reveal the simpsons? Block vote?

Ye do realise there's like four to 7 kills in a day right?

Also reread the op. Homer is alive once "all" his immediate family are alive. Simpsons coming out or block voting, is terrible advice

Agree and let's remember chief wiggam will see an alpha as good until one of his crew are dead. We just can't be sure block voting will work... Yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When you suddenly realise you're in way over your head but loving it all the same,

tumblr_lek8kmKdCA1qcank5o1_1280.jpg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The reveal idea, as I see it, is that at most, there would be seven conflicts. There couldn't be more, provided all good guys tell the truth. There could actually be less, if the baddies don't coordinate properly.

So at worst case, of every good guy tells the truth, we get a list of 14 people to go through (as opposed to 29). It basically clears half he village.

With one bullet and seer peaks, that 14 would get whittled down quick enough. 50/50 with every choice, basically. And when we get a baddy, we move on to the next conflict.

Where does the 14 good guys come from? And what's to stop the baddies claiming to be somebody they are not? If the baddies had any sense they would each choose a random "revealed" character which would confuse goodies and make it easier for baddies of each team pickoff which "reveal" they know is a lie.. Am I missing something with this plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Lord TSC wrote: »

Ok - that's fair enough. Makes the seer peeks more useful too hopefully as can lay off those claiming Nelson and Krusty for a start.

You need to reread his post - its not 14 good guys, its 14 suspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Pter wrote: »
    I'm not condemning anyone yet, but there are four sides in the game, village, Italians, rich and SKs.

Trigger has helped the village yesterday, but that doesn't make him necessarily a villager. Not yet anyway.

Not saying he is a baddie, but no-one is off the hook thus far.

Andy was Louie the Italian mobobster
    I'm dr hibbert

You need to reread his post - its not 14 good guys, its 14 suspects.

What's to stop the baddies pretending to be one of the goodies? This means we could have 2 of the same goody characters. How do we know which one to trust? Baddies can pick off several definites each day for definite while we only get one or maybe 2 kills!

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    I'm dr hibbert

I appreciate you were bang on about Andy being a baddie, but you cant say we have a way to verify your own role claim, or Andy's specific role.

Im not condemning you, as you have helped us in the village, but you could equally be a SK running interferance as well, and the village needs to keep that in mind unless we get new info or you are verified somehow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm dr hibbert

Nice... Any more insights for us from this morning Dr. Tigg?

Drumpot wrote: »
    What's to stop the baddies pretending to be one of the goodies? This means we could have 2 of the same goody characters. How do we know which one to trust? Baddies can pick off several definites each day for definite while we only get one or maybe 2 kills!

Well they absolutely would claim to be goodies - they would be silly not to. But we have the numbers on our side. It wouldnt be an easy way to win; villagers would die; but it would be a win.

Tigger wrote:
    Andy was Louie the Italian mobobster I'm dr hibbert

I knew he wasn't the alpha, Andy's no truth teller

Well Tony shows as bad now
    I'd like Maggie to shoot sully before the munch if possaible
    So I can tell ye who she was if that's a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sorry, been busy with personal stuff the last 2 days, can I jump in or is it too late?

I appreciate you were bang on about Andy being a baddie, but you cant say we have a way to verify your own role claim, or Andy's specific role.

Im not condemning you, as you have helped us in the village, but you could equally be a SK running interferance as well, and the village needs to keep that in mind unless we get new info or you are verified somehow.

I'll be verified when I'm dead
    You could then apply the same tenacity to reading back over my posts and killing the ones I've named

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jump in BJ.

I'm dr hibbert

Why would you reveal that ?

• Advertisement

I'll be verified when I'm dead
    You could then apply the same tenacity to reading back over my posts and killing the ones I've named

Not necessarily....

dr-hibbert-zombie.png?w=92

Advertisement