Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm on page 3.... a lot of catching up to do

ive given up, cannot follow whats going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

tritium wrote: »
    Im going to wait for an answer to the comms room question before i take a position on this

what was the question?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necrominus wrote: »
    Fair enough. I'll play this game but let's make a plan so. Who do you want to start with? I'll be honest, I'm thinking you. Why should we not lynch you for wanting to keep a mafioso alive?

That's a good start for me.

I second this everyone who's encouraging people not to vote for Tigger are just screaming Mafia members trying to defend their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

what was the question?

Do the baddies have a comms room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

gufc21 wrote: »
    Tbh i agree, and the venom directed at joe is uncalled for if he was millhouse and falls into the personal attck bracket of things.

Kill me so he can see that I'm innocent and see if he can rescue the game
    Or can I just be modkilled or lynched now or something so we don't go too far off track

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ive given up, cannot follow whats going on.

Summary:

Tigger comes on yesterday evening and claims Dr. Hibbert. He suggests everyone else should reveal their roles. No one bites at this point.
    Tigger correctly identifies Andy as a wolf and Maggie shoots him.
    He claims he was Louie from Fat Tony's gang.
    Avork is munched.
    Tigger tells us he was Millhouse.
    Beakerjoe counterclaims this and after toing and froing for a while Maggie shoots Joe.
    Joe winds up being team village.
    Gufc goes down the line of suggesting not lynching Tigger. I vehemently disagree.
    Tigger claims Joe was trolling.
    That sum it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Loughc wrote: »
    I second this everyone who's encouraging people not to vote for Tigger are just screaming Mafia members trying to defend their own.

Ok that's enough

I quit
    And I'm not playing to represent boards on the other forum
    I wouldnt lie about a player being a troll

I'm okay with outing myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

Id disagree. Easiest thing in the world for a mafia person to do is to advocate lynchung tigger. Im an nrv so have the luxury of suggesting unconventional strategies without worrying about being killed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tigger wrote: »
    Ok that's enough

I quit

How was BreakerJoe trolling? His avatar was Milhouse, it was a tongue in cheek comment, nothing more. He was not trolling, he was a villager and he claimed he was.

• Advertisement

I disagree, we need to discuss other possibilities, because there are others. Even if Tigger is mafia or an sk, there 6 other killers in our midst, we need to discuss things to figure out who they are too. All of us deciding now that tigger is for the lynch doesn't help the village, sure then we all might aswell vote now and walk away from our computers until 10 pm tonight. it also allows all the other baddies to bail their votes on to tigger safe in the knowledge that when examined they can all say "obviously I wasn't going to let a known wolf live"

There are no known entities in this game, he's Schroedingers Tigger!

I'm okay with outing myself

Hold back. There's enough of us in the firing line already. Let's clear up this situation first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Breaker joe is a dickhead that's what happened
    He is a villager who decided to break the game it's in clear violation of rule 11 play for your team
    He's a troll

In all fairness calling someone out for gamebreaking when you suggested the most gamebreaking thing in all of warewolf.

Shocked at bj being good, Tigger reveals he was willie, which i dont think anyone can trust now.

Tigger you are being an ass btw, leave the throwing toys out of the pram out of it aswell as the insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Id disagree. Easiest thing in the world for a mafia person to do is to advocate lynchung tigger. Im an nrv so have the luxury of suggesting unconventional strategies without worrying about being killed.

To be fair to you. I was suspicious of you but I agree with this completely. I would've expected a wolf to jump on it and try to get tigger hung.

Ok that's enough

I quit

Tigger don't quit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

For now im suggesting chief wiggum takes tigg to a holding cell. Continuing to focus on him is distracting us from the rest of the game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I'm off the "everyone outs themselves" train tbh.

With Beaker being good, I have very little to suggest other than Tigger seeming bad (and his protests making me even further down that path). All my other suspicions are based on foundations Tigger laid :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

How was BreakerJoe trolling? His avatar was Milhouse, it was a tongue in cheek comment, nothing more. He was not trolling, he was a villager and he claimed he was.

There was no tongue-in-cheek vibe about BJ's claim. He was saying he was Milhouse pretty clearly, as a counter-claim to Avork being Milhouse.

Tbh tigger i thought you knew who i was already. I dont mind revealing, but it serves no benefit other than reduce the list for the wolves.

Post by gufc earlier regarding role reveals. Seems to imply Tigger knows who he is.

Post by gufc claiming he's an unnamed nrv.

Anyone else see anything funny about these posts?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I just think its best to be honest and open now esp since someone is claiming to be Milhouse. I dont want people assuming Im someone else.

Im Milhouse.

Doesn't really seem to tongue in cheek.

• Advertisement

Seem too*

quickbeam wrote: »
    There was no tongue-in-cheek vibe about BJ's claim. He was saying he was Milhouse pretty clearly, as a counter-claim to Avork being Milhouse.

I agree, and if it's true, I can see why Tigger would be annoyed. I'd be livid.

quickbeam wrote: »

He was saying that, ah his avatar was Milhouse, there was nothing more in it. No one else deemed it to be trolling. You have been defending Tigger all day so I guess ye are part of the same team.

And as for Tiggers Over the top reactions, threatening to RAGE quit and calling Breaker a dickhead, all seems excessive, doesn't it? Borderline pantomime excessive.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Post by gufc earlier regarding role reveals. Seems to imply Tigger knows who he is.

Post by gufc claiming he's an unnamed nrv.

Anyone else see anything funny about these posts?

Could be that he's saying he thought Tig knew he was an nrv.

He was saying that, ah his avatar was Milhouse, there was nothing more in it. No one else deemed it to be trolling. You have been defending Tigger all day so I guess ye are part of the same team.

And as for Tiggers Over the top reactions, threatening to RAGE quit and calling Breaker a dickhead, all seems excessive, doesn't it? Borderline pantomime excessive.

They're most certainly over the top if he's lying. If true however, they don't seem too excessive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah, I don't think anybody thought he was trolling at the time. We all took it to be a genuine counter-claim. The debate was whether he was Milhouse, or wheather he was a baddie claiming to be Milhouse. I don't think anybody considered that he might be a differently roled goodie claiming to be Milhouse.

I'm not defending Tigger. I'm saying that BJ's claim was genuine, and not tongue-in-cheek.

I'll be the first to admit I was certain Tigger was telling the truth and Joe was a wolf. Now I know I had it backwards.

Barney92 wrote: »
    They're most certainly over the top if he's lying. If true however, they don't seem too excessive.

Even IF Joe was trolling, why not report it to the mods, it's breach of one of the rules and calling him a dickhead is unnecessary, it's only a game at the end of it all. It was Joe's first game maybe he didn't understand the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

if BJ was not millhouse, tigger has every right to be pi$$ed off. why would he lie to the detriment of the village. now the question? how do we resolve this? lynch tigger to see if he is bad?

• Advertisement

he emphatically stated he was Millhouse a number of times, it wasn't tongue in cheek. I didn't read it as tongue in cheek either.

Tigger isn't saying that claiming to be milhouse is trolling, he's claiming that claiming to be milhouse when you're actually one of the most valuable players in the game is trolling because it's not playing in the interests of your character. Which is rule 11

Advertisement