Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tigger isn't saying that claiming to be milhouse is trolling, he's claiming that claiming to be milhouse when you're actually one of the most valuable players in the game is trolling because it's not playing in the interests of your character. Which is rule 11

I understand that but if he felt that way, why didn't he report it. It's a fairly bad rule break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Loughc wrote: »
    Even IF Joe was trolling, why not report it to the mods, it's breach of one of the rules and calling him a dickhead is unnecessary, it's only a game at the end of it all. It was Joe's first game maybe he didn't understand the rules.

TBF, from this:
    Tigger wrote: »
    Yeah mods reckon they didn't have to intervene
    Guys I was tricked by a troll and he deliberately decided to ruin the villages gameplay
    Apparently that's ok
    I'll be dead at 10 by either the sk or the lynch
    I strongly advise ye to put everything on hold
    Lynch me
    I'll be shown as good
    Then go back to the plan now I'm off ok cos bloody trolls

I take it he did go to the mods

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TBF, from this:

I take it he did go to the mods

I'd love to hear the mods stance on this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

he emphatically stated he was Millhouse a number of times, it wasn't tongue in cheek. I didn't read it as tongue in cheek either.

Tigger isn't saying that claiming to be milhouse is trolling, he's claiming that claiming to be milhouse when you're actually one of the most valuable players in the game is trolling because it's not playing in the interests of your character. Which is rule 11

Yes, but I can't imagine the game mods would let that slide as it's breaking a primary rule. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm willing to lynch Tigger to find out then if he turns out to be village we can go back to his plan. Unless there's some sort of clarification that looks like the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Even IF Joe was trolling, why not report it to the mods, it's breach of one of the rules and calling him a dickhead is unnecessary, it's only a game at the end of it all. It was Joe's first game maybe he didn't understand the rules.

He says he did question it with the mods. I skipped passed that, there is no need for that sort of name calling. If true though I can understand his frustration. In this case I hope it is Tigger going off the rails to convince us. I don't think it's much of an excuse that it's his first game though. It's pretty clear what role you are given, so it's not like a small misunderstanding of the rules.

Anyway this is all just conjecture. We should leave the name calling out of it, whatever the truth.

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yes, but I can't imagine the game mods would let that slide as it's breaking a primary rule. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm willing to lynch Tigger to find out then if he turns out to be village we can go back to his plan. Unless there's some sort of clarification that looks like the only way to go.

Yep, completely agree with this. The mods wouldn't have let it slide.

I'm interested that gufc seems to have disappeared just now as well. But for now, I'm casting my vote. And it's on Tigger. Convince me otherwise.

Also, Uriel -where you at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

if BJ was not millhouse, tigger has every right to be pi$$ed off. why would he lie to the detriment of the village. now the question? how do we resolve this? lynch tigger to see if he is bad?
    I'm not bad but I can see how it could be seen that I am
    Add nerco and Christmas mod To my list and then lynch me
    It's the only way cos apparently it's hassle to mod kill me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

if BJ was not millhouse, tigger has every right to be pi$$ed off. why would he lie to the detriment of the village. now the question? how do we resolve this? lynch tigger to see if he is bad?

Its a tough situation tbh. If we lynch him and hes good we lose a real asset. If we dont lynch him and hes bad we have all that noise distracting us. Usually id suggest letting the other bad teams kill him but im less sure here given the way this game has developed. Btw if we lynch him his reveal plan becomes unviable since theres a floating villager due to sk kill of an unknown role

• Advertisement

Yep, completely agree with this. The mods wouldn't have let it slide.

We don't know that, the game looks very different when you wear a mod hat. You have the ability to step back a little. They may have seen it and thought "let's see where this goes"

We're not here to question Mod judgement though we can talk about that after. We're here to take down two gangs and a couple of killers, so let's get on with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'm interested that gufc seems to have disappeared just now as well. But for now, I'm casting my vote. And it's on Tigger. Convince me otherwise.

Prepping for a meeting with lional hutz at the moment. I will be back as soon as i can before i go into work

Add me to all the lists in the world. I'm Grampa Simpson. It's already out there. I'm firmly team village and I'm lynching a wolf.

You know what? To hell with it. Race ME and Tigger. When I get revealed as a villager he'll either be sk'd or he's a wolf. This is the strategy to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Bj was absolutely 100% claiming to be millhouse. How anyone could claim it was tongue in cheek is beyond me.

Of all the uncertainties that is not one.
    Bj claimed millhouse role.

Now is the issue here that Tigger believes that bj wasn't millhouse but was some other villager?

So if bj was a villager (which we know to be true) claiming to be another villager other than millhouse does seem to be a serious game rule issue.

Unless
    Theres some greater villager good (don't see it yet)

Or

Tigger is doing his Damn best to win for his (bad) team.

I really hope it's neither. The first is disgraceful and if it's the second then the game has gone too personal.

Barney92 wrote: »
    He says he did question it with the mods. I skipped passed that, there is no need for that sort of name calling. If true though I can understand his frustration. In this case I hope it is Tigger going off the rails to convince us. I don't think it's much of an excuse that it's his first game though. It's pretty clear what role you are given, so it's not like a small misunderstanding of the rules.

Anyway this is all just conjecture. We should leave the name calling out of it, whatever the truth.

This was to me a warm up game and I would have had no issue with being taken down by the other teams but yer man decided it would be funny to get me killed
    He had no interest in the game

You're adding two more villagers to the list so like you did with Joe.

#justice4Joe

#justice4Joe

who are you Loughc?

who are you Loughc?

add to that, aside from Tigger who do you suspect?

#justice4Joe

I'm telling you Loughc, as you're the only one who seems to be listening. Vote ME or Vote Tigger. I have no role. Let's see where the wolves fall out of the sky and jump on me. I will be revealed as a villager. As Grampa Simpson. Then you'll have something to work with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Could Beaker have made that move as part of a task or something?

Well, no role until day 3 anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I'm telling you Loughc, as you're the only one who seems to be listening. Vote ME or Vote Tigger. I have no role. Let's see where the wolves fall out of the sky and jump on me. I will be revealed as a villager. As Grampa Simpson. Then you'll have something to work with

but what about your special power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Pter wrote: »

no tasks

who are you Loughc?

I am a NRV. As it's only day 1 and Tiggergate has dominated the proceedings it's hard to see past him. Once he is gone it'll make it easier to play the game.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Bj was absolutely 100% claiming to be millhouse. How anyone could claim it was tongue in cheek is beyond me.

Of all the uncertainties that is not one.
    Bj claimed millhouse role.

Now is the issue here that Tigger believes that bj wasn't millhouse but was some other villager?

So if bj was a villager (which we know to be true) claiming to be another villager other than millhouse does seem to be a serious game rule issue.

Unless
    Theres some greater villager good (don't see it yet)

Or

Tigger is doing his Damn best to win for his (bad) team.

I really hope it's neither. The first is disgraceful and if it's the second then the game has gone too personal.

I don't play like that
    I'm not trying anything on here
    Btw people are calling me names for reacting to someone who joined the game to ruin it and that's ok it seems
    Not that I care but the hypocrisy is rampant
    The role reveal thing was to rattle the wolves but the mods didn't like that I wasn't breaking any rule so they didn't stop joe
    That's my take on it
    So play on
    I think we should lynch vale
    Even if I'm a wolf I'll be killed by a sk or wolf tonight so why waste a village kill

Pter wrote: »

there are no tasks, it's stated in the op

but what about your special power?

Doesn't happen till day 3 and I highly doubt I'll make it that far now as the wolves are circling me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

This is Kent Brockman, reporting from what has been a very unusual game so far.
    Normally Kent wouldn't comment on such things, but it must be stated that no rules have been broken.
    Claiming and counter-claiming is part of the game.
    Claiming a role to hide a more valuable role is not breaking the rules, neither is mass claiming.
    We can discuss those tactics after the game, but for now, Kent would rather everyone got back to playing and having fun.

• Advertisement

Doesn't happen till day 3 and I highly doubt I'll make it that far now as the wolves are circling me

who are the wolves, excluding Tigger?

Advertisement