Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Nopeare wrote: »
    as bad as the low posters are, we need to keep an eye for people just posting filler which I think is as incriminating as low posts.

Day one, low posts to be expected.

That was my point. I only started posting now, I think people pointing the finger this early on and without properly looking, I vaguely remember one mentioning low posters and I think they posted a good bit of filler to make their posts look up.
    As said I haven't got to look back through properly yet and won't till I get home to my laptop later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

What are these previous games you speak of? this is real life in sunny charming springfield?

Just seen that. Oops. Apologies to the five finger God. I shall head to Lovejoy to repent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Who pointed at finger at me? I must have missed that.

Pay attention, Vale!!
    tritium wrote: »
    Unless ive really picked things up wrong in the opening posts....

Quickbeam is herman

Valeyard is very likely to be a wolf/mafia

Lord tsc is also very suspicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Nopeare wrote:
    That was my point. I only started posting now, I think people pointing the finger this early on and without properly looking, I vaguely remember one mentioning low posters and I think they posted a good bit of filler to make their posts look up. As said I haven't got to look back through properly yet and won't till I get home to my laptop later.

If that refers to me, then the filler is a) because of early game and b) because of a lifetime references that need to be said.

Tritium, very bizarre move to declare without any evidence to back up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

quickbeam wrote: »
    Where did I claim Homer? Same place I claimed Herman?

Thanks for the vote of confidence :) I'm not accusing Trit (and certainly not just because he accused me), but I did think his pointing the finger at Vale and Lordy quite suspicious based on so few posts. His accusation of me I could actually undestand more, especially when he explained it. Still not true, but at least understandable.
    homer says woohoo
    google whoohoo which you said

https://www.google.ie/search?q=whoohoo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_xLzY2IHUAhWEJcAKHd7jDtgQ_AUICigB&biw=1855&bih=941

if you arent claiming a charachter you shouldnt yous there catchphrase

Tigger wrote: »
    homer says woohoo

https://www.google.ie/search?q=whoohoo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_xLzY2IHUAhWEJcAKHd7jDtgQ_AUICigB&biw=1855&bih=941

Why are minions the second picture?

Krusty is the only role who possibly should reveal. Bart should stay hidden since its only in bons interest to know who it is

krusty should definitely reveal

Why are minions the second picture?

its a bald yellow people thing i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tigger wrote:
    its a bald yellow people thing i suppose

They say woo-hoo too.

Source: kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

Trit is doing what needs to be done and vale there was nothing to catch up on when you entered thread

Krusty should come out and if Nelson is team village he should come out too

homer says woohoo

Ah, that's true, I'd forgotten. Totally unintentional, I can assure you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭tritium

andy125 wrote: »
    Trit is doing what needs to be done and vale there was nothing to catch up on when you entered thread

Afternoon all. Playing catch up here.

So a wolf walks into a bar on night 0 when nothings really happening and says

" i need to catch up"!!!!!

Geddit!

You're the worst audience

Exactly as Andy said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Feckin hell , just dropped in and realised I've missed so much... anybody willing to summarise the day in Springfield?

andy125 wrote: »

Nelson IS Team-Village to start with. Hardly a good idea to let the mafia know who he is so he can be turned!!!

ok i have two things to tell you and there i going to be shoutng t me

1 the game is stastically vastly in the bddies favur at the moment

2 if as i believe every player has been given a name then we could simply all say who we are right now starting with the nrv's and then the rolled goodies and at worst we have all the baddies and a goodie who had to say the baddie tried to claim their name

i assume we wont do it but it works

Geddit!

Exactly as Andy said

Random accusations annoy me, but when you explain it all becomes clearer. I can see now why you'd have been suspicious from just one post.

So that's me and Vale explained. What about Lordy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Nelson IS Team-Village to start with. Hardly a good idea to let the mafia know who he is so he can be turned!!!

I agree Nelson needs to stay hidden so there isnt a made guy/ a millionaire

2 if as i believe every player has been given a name then we could simply all say who we are right now starting with the nrv's and then the rolled goodies and at worst we have all the baddies and a goodie who had to say the baddie tried to claim their name

You know, I've been thinking along the same lines, though I was figuring on waiting until after munch to do so.

Geddit!

Exactly as Andy said

I had not seen one post since game started.

I just posted that I was in character, in Springfield, and went to read what's been said since game started. Hardly suspect now.

I do however question you now. Picking my first line and using it to accuse me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I have no issue in agreeing to these terms, if only to clear my besmirched name!

Just on this Tigger, while its a good idea, surely there are too many simpsons characters thast aint name as baddies/rolled that the baddies could just claim? Patty,selma,apu just to name a few off the top my head

Just on this Tigger, while its a good idea, surely there are too many simpsons characters thast aint name as baddies/rolled that the baddies could just claim? Patty,selma,apu just to name a few off the top my head

And they'd surely be countered by the real person straight off the bat? Or at least should be.

We have 30 players and 30 character names. Anybody'd be a fool to go name themselves as a character not even in the game.

the 30 named charachters are listed in the first post

Necrominus wrote: »
    And they'd surely be countered by the real person straight off the bat? Or at least should be.

but what if those claimed characters aint actually given to people?? so lets say apu isnt a char in game, a baddie claims apu, nobody can argue?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

100% agree Krusty should reveal. In a previous life, when stuck in a similar situation, I figured it was a good idea. It does mean whoever claims Krusty will have to be offed at some point to be sure, but at least it avoids a wasted peak.

Very interesting thought about everyone revealing themselves too. If everyone has a name, it would make a list to go through instantly, wouldn't it?

For reference (straight from my spreadsheet :)):

Fat Tony
    Johnny Tightlips
    Louie
    Mr. Burns
    The Rich Texan
    Snake Jailbird
    Sideshow Bob
    Herman Hermann
    Homer Simpson
    Bart Simpson
    Lisa Simpson
    Maggie Simpson
    Marge Simpson
    Chief Wiggum
    Dr. Hibbert
    Ned Flanders
    Groundskeeper Willie
    Judge Snyder
    Krusty the Clown
    Grampa Simpson
    Barney
    Moe
    Nelson
    Milhouse
    Principal Skinner
    Smithers
    Apu
    Lenny
    Carl
    Comic Book Guy

the 30 named charachters are listed in the first post

I am an idiot completely forgot that

• Advertisement

but what if those claimed characters aint actually given to people?? so lets say apu isnt a char in game, a baddie claims apu, nobody can argue?

I get what you're saying, but I believe there were 30 names for a specific purpose. If we as a village come together and reveal then there's nowhere to hide for the baddies

We have 30 players and 30 character names. Anybody'd be a fool to go name themselves as a character not even in the game.

i'm dr hibbert or would a baddie like to say they are dr hibbert?
    didnt think so

So....technically this will work. It would however completly break the spirit of the game when a lot of efforts gone into it.

i'd love to see the backrooms right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Apu is a character. We know the names of the characters in the game..

i'd love to see the backrooms right now

Are we doing this now? Or are we waiting on general agreement

• Advertisement

So....technically this will work. It would however completly break the spirit of the game when a lot of efforts gone into it.

Probably a rule against it?

either we can come out as who we are or we cant
    rule 1 says play to win and its totally in game to say which charachter i am

Necrominus wrote: »
    Are we doing this now? Or are we waiting on general agreement

Wait.

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Apu is a character. We know the names of the characters in the game..

Yeah was pointed out , im a tit :o im good with tiggers idea if we get a general consensus

Wait.

lol

wolf

• Advertisement

rule 11
    obvs

lol

wolf

No. Simple. He comes out and is a villager. No one else comes out and he is f*cked. Wait for consensus.

I'd be against your idea as I see it as game breaking.

Yeah was pointed out , im a tit :o im good with tiggers idea if we get a general consensus

Yeah I'm all for it too. But it may be better to hold off until a general consensus is formed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Would it really work? Apart from the spirit of the game thing, would we not end up with multiple claims of goodies...as in there's 8 bad guys, and they're not all going to claim the same innocent roles. So we'd have a load of double claims and in the meantime the baddies would have a target list and they can off people pretty darn quick in this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It makes sense, but does seem a bit game-breaky. Maybe GM can clarify their position?

Revealing your identity has to be in the game rules; it's a core method to defend yourself when accused to reveal your role (or lack thereof) in your own defence.

lol

wolf

Haha if nothing else the reactions are good for confirming wolves

Haha if nothing else the reactions are good for confirming wolves

I think you are a wolf trying to control the game. But I suppose if we do Tiggers thing. We will really see who you are.

But I feel it's game breaking and possibly should Put Tigger in Springfield Jail for it.

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Would it really work? Apart from the spirit of the game thing, would we not end up with multiple claims of goodies...as in there's 8 bad guys, and they're not all going to claim the same innocent roles. So we'd have a load of double claims and in the meantime the baddies would have a target list and they can off people pretty darn quick in this game!

Both sides would get a target list. At most, there'd be 8 doubles, so we get a list of sixteen people who are suspicious, while everyone else gets cleared. So then it becomes a ha,e of "who can clear their list of eight first".

Okay, here's what I've been thinking of all weekend since I learned my identity ....

The main Simpson family come out. Each can prove their claim. Maggie knows who Bart and Lisa are so that will prove she's legit. Bart and Lisa can confirm each other. Homer can be be proved if there's an attempt to lynch him (early in the game, while the family is in tact) - it'd be a waste of a lynch as you'd not catch a baddie, but you'd also prevent lynching an important roled player at the same time, and prevent Herman getting a kill, and have a confirmed goodie to look to. Marge has no way to prove she's part of the family so couldn't take part. But you'd be left with four confirmed goodies. Three of those four are basically NRVs anyway, and then Willie can go protect our vigilante by which time we'll hopefully have a good idea of who we can aim those bullets at.

That was my idea. Thoughts? I will say I am one of the above mentioned people but won't say who until somebody finds the obvious holes in my logic that I've missed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement