Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Pter wrote: »
    You mean where I ask the village not to implicitly trust him and follow qb instead?

Point taken, but also worth bearing in mind that as QB is a 100% locked down confirmed villager it's easy for any wolf or SK to invoke "we all must trust in QB" in order to be seen as a villager.
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Did I upset your wolf team and they sent you out here to sow dissension? I've been on about this all day

I know you have, the first time you pointed out the "blatant contradiction" in sKeith's posts I didn't find it very convincing and moved on, but you've repeatedly presented it as a massive find and it's bothered me more and more. During a time when almost everyone was discussing the pros and cons of a mass reveal, he posted that he was in favour and also that some reservations had occured to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I'm happy to let him live for now, anyways. I do think that he should be peeked if he hasn't already tonight though.

Yeah, if he's being peeked there is no issue for now. Was just worried we had lost track of ourselves.

I agree with Kolido being focused on too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Point taken, but also worth bearing in mind that as QB is a 100% locked down confirmed villager it's easy for any wolf or SK to invoke "we all must trust in QB" in order to be seen as a villager.

Especially since QB may be a 100% confirmed villager but is far from a 100% confirmed infallible at this game. Baddies could easily push for a "follow QB" route if they see that I'm spouting sh?te in my theories.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I know you have, the first time you pointed out the "blatant contradiction" in sKeith's posts I didn't find it very convincing and moved on, but you've repeatedly presented it as a massive find and it's bothered me more and more. During a time when almost everyone was discussing the pros and cons of a mass reveal, he posted that he was in favour and also that some reservations had occured to him.

I don't agree at all that it's a stretch. I strongly feel the two posts are direct contradictions of each other. Why be in favour of a reveal, look for a consensus - and then post up why it's a bad idea? It's a common tactic to go with the crowd and then backtrack suddenly. It walks like a duck. It quacks like a duck.
    To me, at least - it's a duck.. or wolf in this case.

that's fair enough then cant argue with that as I responded earlier to those comments not sure if you seen my post though?

Who else do you have in mind so? For me I have two people I am wary of one is Digital Solitude, 16 posts, really 15 as one is a double and he literally just says filler, and Partyjungle has said nothing but is apparently moving to shelbyville.

It's easier to hide in the shadows when people dont even remember you are playing

Thank you come again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote:
    Especially since QB may be a 100% confirmed villager but is far from a 100% confirmed infallible at this game. Baddies could easily push for a "follow QB" route if they see that I'm spouting sh?te in my theories.

Point also taken, but we have to follow someone (or do Dottie's blind vote) and for me, at least we know you don't have a baddie agenda behind you. Better to follow the sh!te you are spouting than blatantly walk into a Wolfie trap where we lynch a villager because that's what they led us to.

I also think we are staying into second guessing ourselves here. I think following the known quantity here, your certification, is better than trusting unverified posters.

If there is a stampede behind me for following you, by all means scrutinise, but so far there isn't and the village is a little more wary because I raised this. I don't think that suits any of the bad guys at all.

Fine. I believe lynching Kolido confirms or disproves Xaracatz as a wolf. That's all I have to say on the matter.

k

It's all coming out today!!:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Also I agree with the Keith theory because, as I said, it's the best one any of us have detailed today. If anyone else wants to put forward a better one I'll of course listen.

I just don't want to get to an hour before vote and all the theories come at once, including, no doubt, whatever scheme(s) the baddies will be pushing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'm not sure if a complete blind vote is the best thing really. If that's what people want then sure. Might mean we lose the chance of a role claim (either true or false) though.

Is there anything to be said for an FFA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Pter wrote: »
    Also I agree with the Keith theory because, as I said, it's the best one any of us have detailed today. If anyone else wants to put forward a better one I'll of course listen.

I just don't want to get to an hour before vote and all the theories come at once, including, no doubt, whatever scheme(s) the baddies will be pushing

if i have a theory it wont be before about 8pm. all i do during the day and try to keep up with posts and post occasionally, just like now.

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if a complete blind vote is the best thing really. If that's what people want then sure. Might mean we lose the chance of a role claim (either true or false) though.

Is there anything to be said for an FFA?

In the history of Springfield, has an FFA ever been co-ordinated correctly?:pac::pac::pac::pac:

In the history of Springfield, has an FFA ever been co-ordinated correctly?:pac::pac::pac::pac:

It was sort of said tongue in cheek, but I'll organise one if people want.

With the dectecive being able to peek twice a day clearing out some of the lower posters might be the way to go especially the suspicious ones, we can examine higher volume posters but not lower ones, Currently compiling a list

Being sort of senile, how exactly does an FFA work? If I've partaken in one, I've forgotten

Thank you

Are you claiming a role?

That was my initial thought QB

This is not the list just reference for us

y0ssar1an22 34
    sKeith 33
    Barney92 32
    Xaracatz 31
    Kolido 17
    Digital Solitude 16
    MrsFlushdraw 16
    Chagan 14
    A Neurotic 11
    Nopeare 10
    partyjungle 9
    Jayop 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Thank you come again

Oh he appears just in time to apparently claim apu

Nope, no way. If we're doing it, I'll organise it. I know in a past life when I'd the village's interests less at heart, I closed off the voting when most suited me. Best leave the co-ordination to a confirmed goodie.

• Advertisement

Being sort of senile, how exactly does an FFA work? If I've partaken in one, I've forgotten

Everyone announces their top 3 suspects and gives a reason for each. Then the people who have the most votes at a particular time, say 7pm, are the ones up for the lynch. People don't announce exactly who they are voting for until afterwards though.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Nope, no way. If we're doing it, I'll organise it. I know in a past life when I'd the village's interests less at heart, I closed off the voting when most suited me. Best leave the co-ordination to a confirmed goodie.

Fair enough

Everyone announces their top 3 suspects and gives a reason for each. Then the people who have the most votes at a particular time, say 7pm, are the ones up for the lynch. People don't announce exactly who they are voting for until afterwards though.

This. I like this. It's still kind of blind voting but it also encourages participation.

Oh he appears just in time to apparently claim apu

Haha, the suspicion is rife and I love it.

I see no reason to doubt PJ's claim... unless of course, we have any other Apus out there?

A list of the current still active players for the motivated enabled please

quickbeam wrote: »

Never trust Anyone doing the FFA :D

Gimme 5 have to update my notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Haha, the suspicion is rife and I love it.

I see no reason to doubt PJ's claim... unless of course, we have any other Apus out there?

He has barely posted, I point this out that most of his posts have contained nothing, then his very next post seems to be him claiming a role, a tad suspicious to me.

Seems like a oh crap someones copped im not really doing anything, better claim a harmless nrv role

A Neurotic
    Barney92
    Chagan
    Digital Solitude
    dottie_lottie
    Kolido
    gufc21
    Jayop
    Lord TSC
    MicksJaguar
    MrsFlushdraw
    Necrominus
    Nopeare
    partyjungle
    Pter
    quickbeam
    raze_them_all_
    sKeith
    The_Valeyard
    tritium
    Xaracatz
    y0ssar1an22

• Advertisement

He has barely posted, I point this out that most of his posts have contained nothing, then his very next post seems to be him claiming a role, a tad suspicious to me.

Seems like a oh crap someones copped im not really doing anything, better claim a harmless nrv role

Fair enough, but seems like a relatively high-risk move if it's a false claim. A more respected or dominant poster could easily be Apu and win a claim conflict.

Advertisement