Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

quickbeam wrote: »
    We have 30 players and 30 character names. Anybody'd be a fool to go name themselves as a character not even in the game.

i'm dr hibbert or would a baddie like to say they are dr hibbert?
    didnt think so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Tigger wrote: »
    ok i have two things to tell you and there i going to be shoutng t me

1 the game is stastically vastly in the bddies favur at the moment

2 if as i believe every player has been given a name then we could simply all say who we are right now starting with the nrv's and then the rolled goodies and at worst we have all the baddies and a goodie who had to say the baddie tried to claim their name

i assume we wont do it but it works

So....technically this will work. It would however completly break the spirit of the game when a lot of efforts gone into it.

i'd love to see the backrooms right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Just on this Tigger, while its a good idea, surely there are too many simpsons characters thast aint name as baddies/rolled that the baddies could just claim? Patty,selma,apu just to name a few off the top my head

Apu is a character. We know the names of the characters in the game..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

i'd love to see the backrooms right now

Are we doing this now? Or are we waiting on general agreement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

tritium wrote: »
    So....technically this will work. It would however completly break the spirit of the game when a lot of efforts gone into it.

Probably a rule against it?

either we can come out as who we are or we cant
    rule 1 says play to win and its totally in game to say which charachter i am

Necrominus wrote: »
    Are we doing this now? Or are we waiting on general agreement

Wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Apu is a character. We know the names of the characters in the game..

Yeah was pointed out , im a tit :o im good with tiggers idea if we get a general consensus

Wait.

lol

wolf

• Advertisement

rule 11
    obvs

lol

wolf

No. Simple. He comes out and is a villager. No one else comes out and he is f*cked. Wait for consensus.

I'd be against your idea as I see it as game breaking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah was pointed out , im a tit :o im good with tiggers idea if we get a general consensus

Yeah I'm all for it too. But it may be better to hold off until a general consensus is formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Would it really work? Apart from the spirit of the game thing, would we not end up with multiple claims of goodies...as in there's 8 bad guys, and they're not all going to claim the same innocent roles. So we'd have a load of double claims and in the meantime the baddies would have a target list and they can off people pretty darn quick in this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It makes sense, but does seem a bit game-breaky. Maybe GM can clarify their position?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Revealing your identity has to be in the game rules; it's a core method to defend yourself when accused to reveal your role (or lack thereof) in your own defence.

lol

wolf

Haha if nothing else the reactions are good for confirming wolves

Haha if nothing else the reactions are good for confirming wolves

I think you are a wolf trying to control the game. But I suppose if we do Tiggers thing. We will really see who you are.

But I feel it's game breaking and possibly should Put Tigger in Springfield Jail for it.

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Would it really work? Apart from the spirit of the game thing, would we not end up with multiple claims of goodies...as in there's 8 bad guys, and they're not all going to claim the same innocent roles. So we'd have a load of double claims and in the meantime the baddies would have a target list and they can off people pretty darn quick in this game!

Both sides would get a target list. At most, there'd be 8 doubles, so we get a list of sixteen people who are suspicious, while everyone else gets cleared. So then it becomes a ha,e of "who can clear their list of eight first".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay, here's what I've been thinking of all weekend since I learned my identity ....

The main Simpson family come out. Each can prove their claim. Maggie knows who Bart and Lisa are so that will prove she's legit. Bart and Lisa can confirm each other. Homer can be be proved if there's an attempt to lynch him (early in the game, while the family is in tact) - it'd be a waste of a lynch as you'd not catch a baddie, but you'd also prevent lynching an important roled player at the same time, and prevent Herman getting a kill, and have a confirmed goodie to look to. Marge has no way to prove she's part of the family so couldn't take part. But you'd be left with four confirmed goodies. Three of those four are basically NRVs anyway, and then Willie can go protect our vigilante by which time we'll hopefully have a good idea of who we can aim those bullets at.

That was my idea. Thoughts? I will say I am one of the above mentioned people but won't say who until somebody finds the obvious holes in my logic that I've missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

feck it I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Both sides would get a target list. At most, there'd be 8 doubles, so we get a list of sixteen people who are suspicious, while everyone else gets cleared. So then it becomes a ha,e of "who can clear their list of eight first".

baddies get a **** load of kills, they would clear it first id imagine

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Not sure on this. Kill rate is definitely very against us so with 8 baddies plus nelson to be turned it could become a very lopsided race. Will try to run the numbers

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Revealing your identity has to be in the game rules; it's a core method to defend yourself when accused to reveal your role (or lack thereof) in your own defence.

exactly and we are all in danger of being munched tonight
    so we all announce and we win
    we could start again in the morning without giving all the names out this time

baddies get a **** load of kills, they would clear it first id imagine

Yeah, maybe. But without it, then we stand less of a chance. At least this way, we'd have some sort of list to work on, right?

exactly and we are all in danger of being munched tonight
    so we all announce and we win
    we could start again in the morning without giving all the names out this time

How would that work if everyone already knows?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Okay, here's what I've been thinking of all weekend since I learned my identity ....

The main Simpson family come out. Each can prove their claim. Maggie knows who Bart and Lisa are so that will prove she's legit. Bart and Lisa can confirm each other. Homer can be be proved if there's an attempt to lynch him (early in the game, while the family is in tact) - it'd be a waste of a lynch as you'd not catch a baddie, but you'd also prevent lynching an important roled player at the same time, and prevent Herman getting a kill, and have a confirmed goodie to look to. Marge has no way to prove she's part of the family so couldn't take part. But you'd be left with four confirmed goodies. Three of those four are basically NRVs anyway, and then Willie can go protect our vigilante by which time we'll hopefully have a good idea of who we can aim those bullets at.

That was my idea. Thoughts? I will say I am one of the above mentioned people but won't say who until somebody finds the obvious holes in my logic that I've missed.

i figured you were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I'm on board with Tigger's plan. No difference in revealing now and revealing when your head is on the block.

If it works properly it would give us a block of 16 possibles with a 50% chance of a lynch being correct.

How would that work if everyone already knows?

re randomise the roles

• Advertisement

Chagan wrote: »
    I'm on board with Tigger's plan. No difference in revealing now and revealing when your head is on the block.

If it works properly it would give us a block of 16 possibles with a 50% chance of a lynch being correct.

its different
    they cant all comunicate so we all announce at the same time
    it will be about 12 on the list max

Advertisement