Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Yeah was pointed out , im a tit :o im good with tiggers idea if we get a general consensus

Sorry - saw it after I posted. You're not a tit at all. :D

I'd prefer not to reveal names, as it's not in the nature of the game IHMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Xaracatz wrote: »

ihmo?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Xaracatz wrote: »

Isn't it? The nature of the game is to use the info given to us to work out whose good and whose bad. Yeah, I kinda feel bad that the "flaw" was copped, but it seems a powerful weapon that's hard to ignore now. Like Pandora's box :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Tigger wrote: »
    ihmo?

probably supposed to be imho, in my honest opinion

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Isn't it? The nature of the game is to use the info given to us to work out whose good and whose bad. Yeah, I kinda feel bad that the "flaw" was copped, but it seems a powerful weapon that's hard to ignore now. Like Pandora's box :/

can be done in every episode from now on! XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

its different
    they cant all comunicate so we all announce at the same time
    it will be about 12 on the list max

Oh I didn't realise you wanted everyone to do it at a specific time. Yeah, that would probably cut down the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The silence from the game mods needs to end and give clarity on this issue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

re randomise the roles

Am confused. All the roles get given out again?

For those who think us all revealing is against the spirit of the game, I think the Simpsons family only revealing would be okay. It was done in an alternative universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

exactly and we are all in danger of being munched tonight
    so we all announce and we win
    we could start again in the morning without giving all the names out this time

Can i get someone to double check these workings

Im assuming 1 kill tomorrow, one for each bad team (4) per night thereafter. For simplicity ive always assumed we lynch right on the overlapping claims, ignored maggies bullets- basically a 4:1 race. I also assume we dont get either sk early

Night. Goodies baddies
    0. 22. 8
    1. 21. 8
    2. 17. 7
    3. 13. 6
    4. 9. 5
    5. 5. 4

And we basically loose .....

quickbeam wrote: »

For those who think us all revealing is against the spirit of the game, I think the Simpsons family only revealing would be okay. It was done in an alternative universe.

If the Simpson's family reveal, then the wolves pick off each member until they can kill homer. They be dead in few turns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I support the role reveal, but I'm confused about the randomise thing tigs speaks of. Can you elaborate oh bouncy one?

yeah but not the 12 nrv roles
    means it cant be done again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

+1 for revealing. have we a consensus yet? we also need a consensus for when to reveal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    +1 for revealing. have we a consensus yet? we also need a consensus for when to reveal.

I'm in agreement with the reveal but I do think we should wait for the mods to give us clarity on the issue before anything is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

tritium wrote: »

Im assuming 1 kill tomorrow, one for each bad team (4) per night thereafter. For simplicity ive always assumed we lynch right on the overlapping claims, ignored maggies bullets- basically a 4:1 race. I also assume we dont get either sk early

Night. Goodies baddies
    0. 22. 8
    1. 21. 8
    2. 17. 7
    3. 13. 6
    4. 9. 5
    5. 5. 4

This was my concern, that they can kill us faster than we can pick off claims.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If the Simpson's family reveal, then the wolves pick off each member until they can kill homer. They be dead in few turns.

Yeah, the likliehood of all Simpsons living until the end would be diminished, but the baddies can't coordinate their kills, so it could take four turns for it to happen, and more with Willie's protection. In the mean-time that gives Clancy and Dr. Hibbert four turns of peeks and death roles to reveal.

Also, only one needs to die for Homer to be attacked - he doesn't need to be last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

While Kent and Duffman respect everyones right to reveal when they see fit, please remember Rule 11 - In it to win it. With the high kill rate in this game it's not in the interest of the majority of roles to come out, good or bad. There are also players who haven't turned up yet. This is not a direction we had seen the game going, so we're in unchartered territory, but it has the potential to be game breaking and no-one wants that.

tritium wrote: »

Night. Goodies baddies
    0. 22. 8
    1. 21. 8
    2. 17. 7
    3. 13. 6
    4. 9. 5
    5. 5. 4

thats not a correct representation of the numbers and how it would play out

Yeah, the likliehood of all Simpsons living until the end would be diminished, but the baddies can't coordinate their kills, so it could take four turns for it to happen, and more with Willie's protection. In the mean-time that gives Clancy and Dr. Hibbert four turns of peeks and death roles to reveal.

Also, only one needs to die for Homer to be attacked - he doesn't need to be last.

Ah k. I thought all must die before homer could be touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Great, give me the workings so

• Advertisement

Then redo the maths and we shall see whose numbers are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

I agree its our best chance of a win tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If those numbers show we are ****ed if we do reveal, doesn't that mean it's also near impossible to win without doing so?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If those numbers show we are ****ed if we do reveal, doesn't that mean it's also near impossible to win without doing so?

We are forgetting that bullets, protection, seers can alter the numbers very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

andy125 wrote: »
    I agree its our best chance of a win tbh
    bodyguard can't protect himself.
    magee can't kill when dead
    homer isn't invincible when any simpson dead

3 reasons a reveal all might not be in our interests.

Then redo the maths and we shall see whose numbers are right.

lol
    if we all reveal at once its not going to be 50 50
    at worst it will ne 66-33 might even be 80-20

maggie gets to eliminate 2 wolves straight away from the definite list
    so its 22-6 before they munch

that 6 will have less kills as soon as we hit the serial killers or eliminate a team
    they aren't one team so thy will also double target which will drop the kill rate and therehas to be as many of them on one team and no other teams left for a wolf win so its a lot more complicated than trit thinks

one wy or the other i suggest willy should protect me tonight
    hee hee hee

lol

that 6 will have less kills as soon as we hit the serial killers or eliminate a team
    they aren't one team so thy will also double target which will drop the kill rate and therehas to be as many of them on one team and no other teams left for a wolf win so its a lot more complicated than trit thinks

Unless one team turns Nelson and they have a safety net of one.

Also, Maggie could kill villagers. There would be zero definite list as good as bad would fight over rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Can we coordinate a time to reveal though? We can barely coordinate a #ffa most of the time :D

• Advertisement

lol

will maggie not be taking 50/50 shot as wolves will double claim? also as soon as nelson is revealed he'd be munched into a wolf so thatd be another maggie bullet/lynch used to off nelson?

Advertisement