Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaginismus

• 20-05-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Really struggling with this the last 2 years. I have always had it (unknown to myself) but i have never been able to have sex. Been to a gynae who referred me to a physio where they have used every word but this for my condition- overactive pelvic floor, tight hips etc. Really want to have a baby with DH and really feeling down about it. Just looking to see has eveyone else had a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Is there anything that helps it at all? Does it relax a bit after a few drinks (not that I'm advocating getting drunk every time you have sex!). If so, it may be because you are more relaxed yourself - in which case meditation etc may help?
    I'd imagine that sex has become such a battle now that you're already worried and worked-up before you even get started, which will make matters worse.
    Is there anything in your life that's annoying/worrying you? Sometimes this can contribute too, and once circumstances change, it gets easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Is there anything that helps it at all? Does it relax a bit after a few drinks (not that I'm advocating getting drunk every time you have sex!). If so, it may be because you are more relaxed yourself - in which case meditation etc may help?
    I'd imagine that sex has become such a battle now that you're already worried and worked-up before you even get started, which will make matters worse.
    Is there anything in your life that's annoying/worrying you? Sometimes this can contribute too, and once circumstances change, it gets easier.

Yep its a circle of anxiety! I think Im just a stressed person in general! Tried alot of different things. Going to try a counsellor now to see will that help

Advertisement