Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOLEN: KTM SuperDuke 990

• 20-05-2017 6:24pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads, this bike was stolen last night from an underground carpark in Dublin. 2005 KTM Superduke 990.

YjdjYjQ5NWI4ZDdlNzViZDc5ZDhhYzljMGNlMGRkNDJJAmzwpV7DtetPHJ0H3HO3aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMDU1ZDgwZDQ2ODdmM2FjYWZlMDNjZjY0OTExYTgwMDY4ZWVhZjY0MjE1ODcxMWZmM2I2ZWE0MDExMjM3NTFmMy5qcGd8fHx8fHw5ODB4NDU0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/car/motorbikes/ktm/2005-ktm/12949337 - contact details in the ad. I actually had a deposit on it and was on thew way to collect it this morning only to be told it had been nicked the night before - really gutted for the guy selling. Please share and keep an eye out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Did you get your deposit back? ...just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Bastards, lovely bike too, had one a few years ago. Was it for sale at the time? If so my list of suspects would start with someone who had viewed it. You would have to wonder where all these stolen bikes end up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I think I was the only one who can come to view it - but not sure. Apartment block is not exactly in the best part of town. He said other bikes had been stolen from there. It seems KTM's are very popular bikes to be stolen - quite a number have gone missing lately from what I saw.

Must look into trackers, its the only way.

I didn't have the heart to ask him for the deposit back - was only 50 quid, I feel terrible for the guy - I've had a bike stolen in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah would have been heartless to ask for the deposit back....................

SEEN AS YOU STOLE IT, ONLY 1 TO VIEW IT....LMFAO.
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

I wonder how many €50 deposits he took before it got stolen. The lots of other ktm to go missing might be all the same bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dipadp

I will give back the deposit, just didn't even tough about it.. I was really shocked.. garda came just after more than 4 hours..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ignore the insensitive comments im genuinely gutted the bike got nicked on you, always horrible for someone's pride and joy to be stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

dipadp wrote: »
    I will give back the deposit, just didn't even tough about it.. I was really shocked.. garda came just after more than 4 hours..
    Sorry to hear dude. Hope it's found.

Hope you get the bike back man. People asking about the deposit ****ing ****

Jaysus m8, I/We were only taking the piss.

Posts were never intended for you to see it was just a bit of banter between regulars.

Hope you get a good outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pisser.......check out Leonardocchickachong on adverts offering 600 for it...illiterate fcuk.

Btw...finish the cafe racer and don't be looking at other bikes...lol.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Pisser.......check out Leonardocchickachong on adverts offering 600 for it...illiterate fcuk.

Btw...finish the cafe racer and don't be looking at other bikes...lol.....

I saw that and laughed. Nevermind the fact he didn't even bother reading the post, it's fact he tried to get €300 knocked off a back worth a hell of lot more than €1000. Cheeky ****e

Hahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Do these carparks not have security cameras in them?

or what about the management company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

We had the security cams nicked in out underground carpark. No winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nasty. What part of the world was it? There's a superduke parked in the carpark beside me.

A guy I know had his bike stolen from a UG carpark, the security man had put all the footage of them coming in and out on DVD. The gardai are told to pick the DVD up from the security, they didn't even bother their arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Scum, I'd be very tempted to set up a bait bike with a few friends...

I saw this over on biker.ie
    First post, new to the community! Had a flat on my 2013 KTM Duke 690 (white/ orange/ black) on the Ballybrack Rd (R116) on Sunday May 7th. I had no phone signal so got a lift home from a kind motorist planning to come back with a trailer and collect it. When I got back the bike was gone. Have reported it stolen with the Gardai and put and add up on done deal. If anyone has heard/seen anything similar or any other channels to Follw up on would appreciate a shout! Probably naive of me but it was only on its own for an hour/hour and a half. Either way didn't deserve to have it nicked

If you did want to set up a bait it would not take long I'd say..

TBF who the hell leaves a 2013 KTM anywhere near ballybrack unlocked and expect's it to be there on their return. Feel really bad for the guy but I would have pushed it away from there or until I got signal, lesson to be learned unfortunately.

Yeah,

I mean a few years ago some fella left a horse and cart out that way for an hour and when he came back the horse was up on "four blocks!"

LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dipadp

Cienciano wrote: »
    Nasty. What part of the world was it? There's a superduke parked in the carpark beside me.

A guy I know had his bike stolen from a UG carpark, the security man had put all the footage of them coming in and out on DVD. The gardai are told to pick the DVD up from the security, they didn't even bother their arse.

This ktm superduke 990 was stolen in clondalkin, 20/05/2017
    You mentioned that there is superduke parked in car park beside you, is it looks same as there in the photo ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This ktm superduke 990 was stolen in clondalkin, 20/05/2017
    You mentioned that there is superduke parked in car park beside you, is it looks same as there in the photo ?

No, different carpark and the ktm beside me has akra cans.

Advertisement