Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top petrol stn, South Link Rd

Options
  • 20-05-2017 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭

When is this expected to reopen ?

I just hope that they continue to be competitive, and not up prices to recoup rebuilding costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

mikeecho wrote: »
    When is this expected to reopen ?

I just hope that they continue to be competitive, and not up prices to recoup rebuilding costs.
    Doubtful
    When their price is cheap, their busy, but when their prices are normal or just above, their forecourt is very quite.
    They know that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Tom44 wrote: »
    Doubtful
    When their price is cheap, their busy, but when their prices are normal or just above, their forecourt is very quite.
    They know that too.

Lee Road Garage on Model Farm Rd is pretty cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

So is hennessys in whites cross another garage being redeveloped soon too is o callaghans in ballyvolane bought by top apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

ofcork wrote: »
    So is hennessys in whites cross another garage being redeveloped soon too is o callaghans in ballyvolane bought by top apparently.

Their price went up, while the refurbished Apple Green next to it went down.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

If they put up their prices they are finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Zico ! wrote: »
    If they put up their prices they are finished

Why is that? Just asking as Its a great location

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Dbu wrote: »
    Why is that? Just asking as Its a great location

Why because its known as a low cost depot -great location I dont think so you cant even get to it if your heading towards city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Zico ! wrote: »
    Why because its known as a low cost depot -great location I dont think so you cant even get to it if your heading towards city centre

Not many petrol stations in the city centre.
    Top sth link or Topaz Victoria rd.

Thus.. great location.

Esso on western rd closed 10yrs ago, esso by train stn closed a good few years ago as well. Burhma on lavits quay is gone almost 20yrs.
    There were 3 petrol stations on the straight rd, and one at Victoria cross, now there's only one.

Any petrol station next to neat the city centre is a prime location.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thus.. great location.

Esso on western rd closed 10yrs ago, esso by train stn closed a good few years ago as well. Burhma on lavits quay is gone almost 20yrs.
    There were 3 petrol stations on the straight rd, and one at Victoria cross, now there's only one.

Your account of all the closed down city centre petrol stations would suggest that nowhere in the city centre is a prime location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭kooga

maxol on the boreenmanna road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kooga wrote: »
    maxol on the boreenmanna road

What about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭kooga

What about it?
    t
    great location

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Your account of all the closed down city centre petrol stations would suggest that nowhere in the city centre is a prime location.

Land in the city is expensive while a petrol station takes a lot of it. The footprint of average petrol station could host Elysian Tower... On the other hand it is not a crucial part of infrastructure in the city, majority of the car users will get out of the town occasionally and could get fuel outside. Thus you cannot really hike the prices too much.

I think that when an inevitable bill of replacing the underground tanks comes, every gas station in the inner city will close down and land sold.

There will be station in outer city, like Togher, Blackpool or Marina, but defiantly not in the vicinity of the centre-city island.

grogi wrote: »
    Land in the city is expensive while a petrol station takes a lot of it. The footprint of average petrol station could host Elysian Tower... On the other hand it is not a crucial part of infrastructure in the city, majority of the car users will get out of the town occasionally and could get fuel outside. Thus you cannot really hike the prices too much.

I think that when an inevitable bill of replacing the underground tanks comes, every gas station in the inner city will close down and land sold.

There will be station in outer city, like Togher, Blackpool or Marina, but defiantly not in the vicinity of the centre-city island.

i wonder has insurance/safety got something to do with it as well.
    storing highly flammable liquids near people might be a bit risky for some

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

i wonder has insurance/safety got something to do with it as well.
    storing highly flammable liquids near people might be a bit risky for some

How many petrol station fires have you heart about?

grogi wrote: »
    How many petrol station fires have you heart about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Thus.. great location.

Esso by the train station was bloody tiny, the one on the western road close in late 2005 iirc. 3 on the straight road? are you talking about statoil in victoria cross where centra is now as well as the shell and statoil garages at the lee fields?

I remember Burmah, definitely 20 years if not more.

Remember Murphy's garage where Supermac's is today? and the car park across from it that's now the gate cinema?

The steeple garage on mulgrave road?

out the commons road where the car McNamara's car dealers is was a former shell garage before it moved up by the shopping centre.

Also the petrol station on Langford row that was demolished to build the extension for St John's college.

Esso by the train station was bloody tiny, the one on the western road close in late 2005 iirc. 3 on the straight road? are you talking about statoil in victoria cross where centra is now as well as the shell and statoil garages at the lee fields?

I remember Burmah, definitely 20 years if not more.

Remember Murphy's garage where Supermac's is today? and the car park across from it that's now the gate cinema?

The steeple garage on mulgrave road?

out the commons road where the car McNamara's car dealers is was a former shell garage before it moved up by the shopping centre.

Also the petrol station on Langford row that was demolished to build the extension for St John's college.

I remember there being 3 petrol stations on the straight rd. We're looking at 30+ years ago.

There was a Jet, a Shell (with the futuristic pumps where the display was a ball, seperate to the pump) and I'm almost sure that there was a third station.. possibly an esso.

I remember there being 3 petrol stations on the straight rd. We're looking at 30+ years ago.

There was a Jet, a Shell (with the futuristic pumps where the display was a ball, seperate to the pump) and I'm almost sure that there was a third station.. possibly an esso.

Yeah the Jet is the topaz today, the shell is now a car park belong to the county hall, where was the esso if it were still there today?

Yeah the Jet is the topaz today, the shell is now a car park belong to the county hall, where was the esso if it were still there today?

Dunno, I always thought that there was 3 stations there, and a 4th station at the crossroads where the centra is now.

I could be wrong, there's always a first time :D

• Advertisement

Dunno, I always thought that there was 3 stations there, and a 4th station at the crossroads where the centra is now.

I could be wrong, there's always a first time :D

Yeah I remember that Statoil where centra is.

If anyone looking in knows where the other petrol station was that would be a bonus.

Advertisement