Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn mower deck problem

Options
  • 20-05-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, the deck on my husqvarna ride on mower seems to be swaying when I engage the blades, also the blades are now hitting the deck. Any ideas, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Addragh wrote: »
    Hi all, the deck on my husqvarna ride on mower seems to be swaying when I engage the blades, also the blades are now hitting the deck. Any ideas, thanks.

Sounds like a loose blade, or possibly a bent shaft.
    Did you hit anything solid when mowing?

If you can get in underneath the deck and turn the blades manually, you should get a better idea of the problem, check first if they are loose, then rotate them and see if they are hitting anything. You should also check if they are both at the same level when turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Addragh

I tried both blades seem to be tight. The whole deck is swaying from left to right. Could this be a bent shaft?

Probably not a shaft, there must be something loose or broken.
    Have a look at where the deck is mounted to the chassis. It's usually at only 3 or 4 places so shouldn't be hard to spot any damage.

Cheers I'll have look tomorrow, thanks again.

You should also rotate the blades and look to make sure they are clearing the side of the deck equally all the way around. If they're not, it's a bent shaft.

• Advertisement

Will do thanks

Advertisement