Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug gangs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

legalise everything, and be done with it. take the industry out of the hands of these lulas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A secret war, one the powers that be lost generations ago and don't even seem to be bothering to fight any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    legalise everything, and be done with it. take the industry out of the hands of these lulas

Yes, I definitely agree with that now, it's just so out of control. I would have thought years ago it was a crazy idea, but I think we have to learn to change with the times & help the vulnerable in society.

jopax wrote: »
    Yes, I definitely agree with that now, it's just so out of control. I would have thought years ago it was a crazy idea, but I think we have to learn to change with the times & help the vulnerable in society.

when i was younger i probably thought it was a mental idea but now, its the only thing that makes sense to me. our drug issues have been steady worsening for decades now, its time to change tactics, drastically, and legalising is the only thing i can see being so. we have to start addressing the root causes of drug addiction such as mental health issues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

Just read the article,so it took a Nigerian drugs gang to scare off local thugs who were terrorising the neighborhood,which is the lesser evil?

• Advertisement

Just read the article,so it took a Nigerian drugs gang to scare off local thugs who were terrorising the neighborhood,which is the lesser evil?

Very good question, it's great to hear that the local scumbags​ are out of action. I was surprised to read that there is a Nigerian drugs gang operating here.

Sure we may need the Lithuanians to keep the Nigerians in check! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It took a gang that is terrorizing another part of Ireland to stop the gang. So now the only reason why this gang is quite is because it owes money to the other gang, who will no doubt move in on the vacuum to expand their own business?

Basically, the snakes killed the rats, but if the snakes move in, they're back to square one.

Sure we may need the Lithuanians to keep the Nigerians in check! :pac:

Who knows who's in charge!

jopax wrote:
    Very good question, it's great to hear that the local scumbags​ are out of action. I was surprised to read that there is a Nigerian drugs gang operating here.

News to me too,nothing surprises me anymore,Waterford is changing all the time,would be wary of walking around certain areas these days.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote:
    Basically, the snakes killed the rats, but if the snakes move in, they're back to square one.

We need St. Patrick back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

wtf is happening to our city?

It's inhabited by weak willed skangers who can't be arsed to run theirs lives in a responsible and constructive manner.

wtf is happening to our city?

I don't know, it doesn't feel the same as years ago. I suppose it's Society changing but not for the better.
    If the guards know there is a Nigerian drug gang operating how come they can't do anything to stop it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

How about criminalise everything & put them in jail instead.

Somedude9 wrote: »

Yes that would be the ideal solution but how o you stop the drugs coming in. The guards are finding it hard to manage the local drug gangs. If there are more sophisticated gangs starting to operate it doesn't bode well for what's coming down the line.

These Nigerians must be pretty bad if the local lot are running for cover.

These Nigerians must be pretty bad if the local lot are running for cover.

Yes that's what I thought, they obviously are a more professional organisation. Does that mean they will be running the show here so to speak. I don't think I'd like to have an encounter with them.

It's inhabited by weak willed skangers who can't be arsed to run theirs lives in a responsible and constructive manner.

You will actually find many of these 'weak willed skangers' suffering from very complex issues, the most common being, mental health issues, complex behavioural problems and personality disorders, things such as autism would be common, complex learning disabilities such as dyslexia etc would also be common. You will find many of our institutions such as our educational system, health system, legal systems etc exasperate these issues. Many of these peoples issues would also be undiagnosed, it would also be common for these 'weak willed' people to come from very complex family environments, in which adding further complications to their issues.
    Somedude9 wrote:

Strangely, countries such as America have been following this kind of thinking for decades now which has resulted in more prisons, more incarcerations and oddly increasing drug use! It's time to move on from this Neanderthal thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Because it's been tried and tried and tried and its not working?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It is already a crime to import and sell drugs, you are deploying Irish logic to the situation. Make laws and don't enforce them. Toughen the laws and implement mandatory sentencing and don't enforce them. Jump up and down and scream for even tougher laws and don't enforce them. Stand there scratching your head and loudly complain "why isn't this working ????!!!!".
    Demand tougher laws.
    All the laws in the world won't help you if the Gardai couldn't catch a cold and the judge will hand out suspended sentences to pieces of sh*t with 50+ convictions. All they do is hand out free money to compo merchants.

You will actually find many of these 'weak willed skangers' suffering from very complex issues, the most common being, mental health issues, complex behavioural problems and personality disorders, things such as autism would be common, complex learning disabilities such as dyslexia etc would also be common. You will find many of our institutions such as our educational system, health system, legal systems etc exasperate these issues. Many of these peoples issues would also be undiagnosed, it would also be common for these 'weak willed' people to come from very complex family environments, in which adding further complications to their issues.

Yes the are plenty of bleeding heart cases but there are more weekend drug users I'd suggest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Its not exactly a new situation for the city, just different faces. For years you head 3 scumbag families from a large social housing estate who were actually all one family left run riot around the place and breed generation after generation of little murderers, thieves and rapists.

The baton has simply been passed on to a traveller group, sounds like a component part of a wheel with the qualifying criteria that they are somehow twice as vicious and have even less scruples than the "3 families"

You can guess how bad the Nigerians must be.

Ineffectual and largely corrupt policing combined with a justice system filled with judges who clearly dont live in the same world.

Solution: When appointing new garda and judges assign them mandatory houses in problem housing estates. If they choose to ignore whats going on around them, they have to live in the **** they create.

Are the guards actually equipped or given enough training to deal with these type of gangs though. Who knows what they are capable of, we know what the local scum are capable of & it was difficult enough to try to catch them.
    What about these other more experienced gangs, how the hell would they manage them.
    In fairness to the guards, the hard working ones I mean, it's not a safe environment in Ireland anymore & maybe they should be better equipped.

jopax wrote:
    Are the guards actually equipped or given enough training to deal with these type of gangs though. Who knows what they are capable of, we know what the local scum are capable of & it was difficult enough to try to catch them. What about these other more experienced gangs, how the hell would they manage them. In fairness to the guards, the hard working ones I mean, it's not a safe environment in Ireland anymore & maybe they should be better equipped.

The guards must be demoralized,new types of gangs,lack of resources,just fighting a loosing battle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

jopax wrote: »
    Are the guards actually equipped or given enough training to deal with these type of gangs though. Who knows what they are capable of, we know what the local scum are capable of & it was difficult enough to try to catch them.
    What about these other more experienced gangs, how the hell would they manage them.
    In fairness to the guards, the hard working ones I mean, it's not a safe environment in Ireland anymore & maybe they should be better equipped.
    If arming them is what you mean, I would agree in theory. But there would need to be a serious clean out/cull of AGS before trusting them with weapons or extra powers. Some of them are bad enough and the corruption so ingrained that the mind boggles at the thought of what they coukd get up to is they got special arrest/search powers and weaponry.

Sosurface wrote: »
    If arming them is what you mean, I would agree in theory. But there would need to be a serious clean out/cull of AGS before trusting them with weapons or extra powers. Some of them are bad enough and the corruption so ingrained that the mind boggles at the thought of what they coukd get up to is they got special arrest/search powers and weaponry.

I was thinking that way in some departments when they are going up against serious criminals & their life could be in danger.
    Even in normal day to day patrol why cannot they even have tasers, surely doing that job they should have a right to defend themselves.
    There was 2 cases only recently up the country where they were attacked while on duty.
    How is it fair to expect them to go out on the streets in today's environment with no protection, I think it's insanity.

Does any of this **** get covered in the local meeja? I don't buy the Munster/News and Star or listen to Deise AM.

Only read it on the journal.ie through the link jopax posted,was it reported on any other local or national media,any comments from waterford politicans?

• Advertisement

Does any of this **** get covered in the local meeja? I don't but the Munster/News and Star or listen to Deise AM.

I haven't heard anything in the local media , but I could have missed it.
    It is great that the original scumbags are gone, however it's replaced with a more serious gang which we know absolutely nothing about., .ie where are they living, what punishments do they file out.
    With the local scum most people knew them, where they lived & how to avoid them if you could, they were easily identified.

Advertisement