Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB cream for pale skin on holiday?

Options
  • 20-05-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I'm off to Spain soon and usually can't wear heavy foundation at night because my face is always so sweaty, but I would like to wear something.

I normally wear Estee Lauder DoubleWear "Shell" day to day but like I said, that'd be too heavy for the night in Spain.
    Should I try a BB cream?

I am very pale and most foundations etc are just not the right shade for me; even their Ivory shades are too orange.
    Any suggestions for a BB cream or something light for the evening that isn't too dear?
    Max budget would be €20 as I've recently purchased a lot of holiday stuff so I don't have a lot to spend.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I saw a friends Mam wear a cc cream she got in Aldi recently and it was beautiful on her. I think she paid about 4 euro.

Personally though, I've no idea. I'm quite pale too and I haven't found a bad cream that hasn't made me look jaundiced :( cheap ones and more expensive ones - just don't suit.

I tend to just use Mac face and body in c1 when I'm on holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Garnier oil free bb cream in light. It's the long thin tube. Way lighter in colour than the normal version around the €14 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

No7 in Boots have a BEAUTIFUL SKIN BB cream with factor 15 that I have found very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

GaGa21 wrote: »
    No7 in Boots have a BEAUTIFUL SKIN BB cream with factor 15 that I have found very good.

Is that the name of it, GaGa? "Beautiful Skin"?
    Sounds ideal for me.

La.de.da wrote: »
    Garnier oil free bb cream in light. It's the long thin tube. Way lighter in colour than the normal version around the €14 mark.

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely have a look at that.

• Advertisement

I saw a friends Mam wear a cc cream she got in Aldi recently and it was beautiful on her. I think she paid about 4 euro.

Personally though, I've no idea. I'm quite pale too and I haven't found a bad cream that hasn't made me look jaundiced :( cheap ones and more expensive ones - just don't suit.

I tend to just use Mac face and body in c1 when I'm on holiday

Yeah most of the creams and foundations I've tried in the past have left me looking ghost-like or tangerine.

It'll probably be too warm for foundation anyway so perhaps I'll just go bare-faced at night but with mascara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Over budget but kiehls bb cream @ €27 is pretty fantastic and is SPF50 + UVA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

fussyonion wrote: »
    Is that the name of it, GaGa? "Beautiful Skin"?
    Sounds ideal for me.

I read this comment and was thinking "I love her confidence, that's great" and then I realised you weren't saying it was ideal for you because of the "beautiful skin" name, it was the product that was ideal and you were just clarifying the name :o I'm an idiot

neonsofa wrote: »
    I read this comment and was thinking "I love her confidence, that's great" and then I realised you weren't saying it was ideal for you because of the "beautiful skin" name, it was the product that was ideal and you were just clarifying the name :o I'm an idiot

Hahaha I see what you mean! I'm not that vain. Thanks for the laugh though x

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

fussyonion wrote:
    Is that the name of it, GaGa? "Beautiful Skin"? Sounds ideal for me.

Yes that's the name. Comes in a white tube. If you have any other purchases to make in Boots, No.7 vouchers are been given at till at the moment so get that first for the discount.

• Advertisement

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Yes that's the name. Comes in a white tube. If you have any other purchases to make in Boots, No.7 vouchers are been given at till at the moment so get that first for the discount.

Brill. Gonna do that. Thank you!

Advertisement