Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old woman in sorrow

Options
  • 21-05-2017 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Recently loosing a family member me and my mother got talking about a few deaths my family has experience ( Morbid I know ) but she mentioned something that gave me chills that i just cant seem to shake.

We unfortunately lost my brother in a house fire on december 4th Many years ago and my Mam mentioned that on that night a couple of hours before the fire on the 3rd of December the family was out having a few drinks at a family birthday when all of a sudden my Nanny ( My mothers mother) said 'where is lily'? ( My mothers name ). Everyone was confused as they wore sitting Two or Three seats apart. Family members wore saying 'there she is there' pointing at my mother. My nanny said "thats not Lily, that is an old woman in black.. in sorrow".

My mother explains that moment as being in a trance and does vaguely remember where she was until she heard "where is lily?". The next morning my mother had discovered her son had then sadly died in the house fire.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this or heard anyone say this? What does this mean? Is it a curse?

I know it seems silly but its a story that stuck to me and was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

Advertisement