Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivid baby dreams

Options
  • 21-05-2017 9:45am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had my first baby in July 2016, and since he moved into his own cot (at around 2 months) I have woken up every night thinking there's a baby (sometimes 2!) in the bed with me. I seem that be literally trying to find the baby in my bed, and at first I think I'm holding it, but wake to find it's either a pillow, or some clothes left on the bed. This has literally happened almost every night since! It's bizarre!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Not having a child yet, I have no experience with "baby dreams." But I have heard of such dreams by parents in the past, and they can be quite disconcerting.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Sorry for replying on an old thread but I've only just discovered this category!

I have an 8 month old. My husband turning over during the night sometimes triggers a dream where I think it's the baby about to roll out of the bed and I grip onto him to stop him turning over. Doesn't happen all the time but has happened a few times where he's had to wake me up and tell me he's not the baby :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

smaoifs wrote: »
    Sorry for replying on an old thread but I've only just discovered this category!

I have an 8 month old. My husband turning over during the night sometimes triggers a dream where I think it's the baby about to roll out of the bed and I grip onto him to stop him turning over. Doesn't happen all the time but has happened a few times where he's had to wake me up and tell me he's not the baby :)

I don't seem to be having those dreams as often now! I do still have the occasional one, and woke hugging a pillow a couple of weeks ago, thinking it was my 1 year old! very strange! lol

Advertisement