Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brushed steel sockets.

Options
  • 21-05-2017 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend some good quality brands to buy brushed steel sockets from? Screwfix/bg electrics I've seen online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Try a wholesalers. I've read here that the screwfix units are not great.

Wholesalers (see the supplier sticky) will stick GET, MK etc and a cheaper contactum brand.

You might find it hard to beat the prices but not the quality of the screwfix material

• Registered Users Posts: 10,028 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some good quality brands to buy brushed steel sockets from? Screwfix/bg electrics I've seen online.

Have a few of these in the house. Zero issues to date. Look well and build quality seems fine. Obviously the integrated USB charge points are a welcome bonus.

Is there a Trade Electrical in or near your area? I bought a few Click brushed steel sockets, light switch and cooker switch for my mothers kitchen last year. Great quality and very reasonably priced. The back of them is huge though so if you're fitting them over tile make sure they are cut to the exact same size as a back box. I was cursing the tilers name (my uncle) after it took me nearly 3 hours to fit everything (15 min job) :pac: USB outlets would be handy too as the previous poster mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭FMartinp

Is there a Trade Electrical in or near your area? I bought a few Click brushed steel sockets, light switch and cooker switch for my mothers kitchen last year. Great quality and very reasonably priced. The back of them is huge though so if you're fitting them over tile make sure they are cut to the exact same size as a back box. I was cursing the tilers name (my uncle) after it took me nearly 3 hours to fit everything (15 min job) :pac: USB outlets would be handy too as the previous poster mentioned.

Click have the brushed steel sockets with built in USB's in both single and double sockets - I got them in Trade Electric in Santry during the week, and reckon they have them in their new Stillorgan store also. Most electrical wholesalers would stock them.

Advertisement