Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Napster Metallica Email

• 21-05-2017 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a copy of the original email from Napster/Metallica telling them they were in trouble for downloading Metallica songs? I was never a big Metallica fan until I got Napster and downloaded a few songs and decided to go and buy an album or two as they had a few songs I loved. Next thing I get hit with the email telling me that legal proceedings would be taking place as a result of my wrong doings. Needless to say I never bought the albums and my new found love of the band was soured by the experience. I always wish I had kept a copy of the email as it was a fairly important point in the history of online file sharing and the music industry in general. I can't remember what it said or how stern a message it was but I'd love to get my original copy back again or just have a look at it. I'll probably just Google it now and read it which would have saved writing this post but still like to hear from any other recipients of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I don't have a copy of it, but I got one as well, it definitely soured my relationship with the band as before I got it, I did buy albums and go to gigs, etc. Since the email, I haven't bought anything they've released (bar upgrading a couple of the early albums to CD when they were on sale!) or gone to any gigs so in the long run, it was their loss. Not that Lars will lose any sleep over it, of course....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I had a quick Google but could not find the text of the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I had a quick Google but could not find the text of the email.

Advertisement