Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and Putt in the Limerick area.

• 21-05-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I searched online but couldn't find a decent list of pitch and putt courses in the Limerick area. I thought I'd find something like a Pitch and Putt Association site with a list of courses, as I am assuming there are at least a few around the place.

If you could point me in the direction of a list, or just add some courses here, that would be great. Info about difficulty and green fees would be great too if possible.

On my side of the city I know about Parteen and Ardnacrusha, but I believe they are both members only, so you can't just turn up and play a round (hope I'm wrong on that), and I don't want to join as a member.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've only ever played once, and I think that was out in Murroe.

Google tells me it's called Glenside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

You've got Murroe which would be Glenside and there's also pitch and putt in Monaleen, Adare and Bruff. Outside of Limerick but close by you've got Clare Road which is in Ennis, Riverdale which is in Nenagh, Woodpark which is out near Mountshannon and Charleville which are all part of the Pitch and Putt union. Walton Lodge is just out past Sixmilebridge with some nice long holes for pitch and putt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

There's Parteen as well. Supposed to be the best one in Limerick (haven't played there myself).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

osarusan wrote: »
    On my side of the city I know about Parteen and Ardnacrusha, but I believe they are both members only, so you can't just turn up and play a round (hope I'm wrong on that), and I don't want to join as a member.

Parteen is open to the public, think it's 6e to play a couple of rounds and it's 100e or 70e to join as a member if it's something you'd be doing on a regular basis.

Ardnacrusha is members only and sure how much that costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Thanks all. I've played the Mountshannon and Sixmilebridge courses many times.

Good to know the Parteen one is an option on a pay-as-you-play basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I play regularly, I'm a member in Murroe. Murroe and Parteen are the best courses I've played in Limerick.
    Both are open to the public and cost 5 or 6 euro for a day pass. Both are well maintained.
    Difficulty wise, I would say Murroe is more difficult, especially the back 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

There's a pitch and putt up at Monaleen, Castletroy, dont know that much about it.

http://www.monaleenpitchandputt.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Monaleen is a pretty straight forward course but very well maintained. Not sure has Adare been mentioned. Back 9 has some particularly tricky holes on it I always found it tougher than Murroe but thats just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

At some point in the future I'd like my young son to be joining me so easy courses are good to hear about also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Murroe and Sixmilebridge are the best 2 I've played the one in Monaleen is pretty boring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Is Adare members only or open to the public?
    What about opening times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

washman3 wrote: »
    Is Adare members only or open to the public?
    What about opening times?

Open to public

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Parteen and bruff are both pith and Pitt union of Ireland registered courses and are both graded as championship courses. Both courses are in great conditions and are open to green fees or if you want it your son wants to take it more seriously you can join a club get registered and start playing competitions. Charleville is also classed as been in limerick and that's open to green fees unlike ardncrushia which is members only. Murroe although it is a nice course it is basically a business and not a club. Same goes for sixmilebridge and adare. My forum name is pnp weirdo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Charleville isnt a great course. Last few times ive been there not the full 18 holes were in play anyway.

Newmarket in Cork is a lovely course

There are 20 odd courses in around cork city alone. I was just trying to keep it as local to limerick as possible but if anyone wants any more info on clubs Il do my best to get and point you in the right direction. Newmarket (cork) is an enjoyable course. It's fairly new course only opened in the last couple of years. It's a good drive from limerick city tho.

There are 20 odd courses in around cork city alone. I was just trying to keep it as local to limerick as possible but if anyone wants any more info on clubs Il do my best to get and point you in the right direction. Newmarket (cork) is an enjoyable course. It's fairly new course only opened in the last couple of years. It's a good drive from limerick city tho.

Advertisement