Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance expired??

• 21-05-2017 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

My house insurance was due to expire on the 15th of this month. Details were sent to my email but I honestly forgot all about it! We pay by monthly direct debit and we didn't call to stop the policy renewing for another year. Am I right in thinking it will just roll over unless we cancel it? It's Sunday so no one answering phones. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

We pay by direct debit every month also. We get the renewal notice a month before the expiry date but have never phoned up about it (apart from adding various things on or removing things). It just rolls over each year.
    I would imagine yours is the same but call them tomorrow to double check .

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Thanks for that. I'm fairly sure it will just rollover. Lazy of us not to shop around as well. Will be onto them at 8am!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Find out the quote, then shop around.

You find that insurance companies penalise you for not checking competitive quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Have you checked to see how much your premium has increased this year? It doesn't roll over at the same rate as last year, if it does roll over, and I'm not sure all insurances do, it will be at the new higher rate.

Be aware, if your insurance does not roll over, you are out of cover and the renewel quote you were given will not apply.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

tskk wrote: »
    My house insurance was due to expire on the 15th of this month. Details were sent to my email but I honestly forgot all about it! We pay by monthly direct debit and we didn't call to stop the policy renewing for another year. Am I right in thinking it will just roll over unless we cancel it? It's Sunday so no one answering phones. Thanks.

You have 14 days from the renewal date to cancel without penalty so still plenty of time for you to shop around!

• Advertisement
Advertisement