Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments South Dublin - Well Built

Options
  • 21-05-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am looking to buy an apartment around the Dundrum / Ballinteer area or nearby in the future.

I need some advice on what developments would be well built. I have lived in a few complexes where the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. I really want to avoid this if I buy.

Any advice on what to do? Questions I should ask?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

I currently rent in Wyckham Point and I think the apartments are amazing, really well built and insulated, really warm in the winter.

There is free gym on site and a concierge service, which is handy, but as an owner you would probably have to pay high management fees.

I rented in various areas in Dublin and this apartment is by far one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NewRunnerSD

I have heard the quality in Wyckam Point is good. I am currently renting in a complex which was the development of the year when it was built and I have to say am shocked at the lack of quality in the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I lived in Southmede (opposite Wyckham Point) and Sandyford View (opposite Lamb Doyles on Blackglen road) and found the build quality of both excellent. We never heard our neighbors at all and hardly ever hard to turn the heating on. The location of the second one left a lot to be desired though: not really pedestrian friendly, very steep hills that were trecherous in the ice and snow and bad traffic at both ends of Blackglen in the mornings.

Advertisement