Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all cards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And can't be given tax free as a small gift from employers.

There is that plus to them I will admit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I got one as a gift with €200 on it. I'm using it to pay for a hotel break away. I think they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

L1011 wrote: »
    And a very small number of others - about ten I think.

:confused: They've over 100 SuperValu's listed on the website as taking them :confused:

https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/supermarket-off-licence/supervalu-musgrave-operating-partners-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

RoryMac wrote: »
    :confused: They've over 100 SuperValu's listed on the website as taking them :confused:

https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/supermarket-off-licence/supervalu-musgrave-operating-partners-1.html

More than before but that's still well under half the outlets. Outside Dublin (where most are former Superquinns) you have a higher chance of your local SV not taking them than taking them.

It's a lot closer to half than the 10 you suggested.

There needs to be more awareness to people receiving these cards not to throw it in a drawer somewhere but take a few mins to see where they can be used and spend it. I don't buy the argument that people couldn't find a place to use them.

• Advertisement

It's a lot closer to half than the 10 you suggested.

There needs to be more awareness to people receiving these cards not to throw it in a drawer somewhere but take a few mins to see where they can be used and spend it. I don't buy the argument that people couldn't find a place to use them.

I said ten over the former SQ outlets. And yes, I was wrong as this has increased. However, telling people that you can "use it in Supervalu" as was said here requires explaining that its less than half of them and even less outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

What world do you live in that you'd refuse 100 euro voucher. I just spent 250 in boots, did electrical and argos.
    Not a problem with anything.
    Stop making a drama and spend the voucher, lots of places take them

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Anyone any ideas on what to do with just a few euro on cards
    got 1600 in them at xmas and on a few there small amounts like 5 or 8 euro.
    I was trying to see if theres some kind of online account that I can top up with them but nothing springs to mind.

oh and just eat take them get yourself a nice meal.!

...__... wrote: »
    I was trying to see if theres some kind of online account that I can top up with them but nothing springs to mind.

Boots take them if you want some toiletries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

...__... wrote: »

You can use them to part pay for something as well. Get something for €10 pay €8 with the card and €2 cash.

• Advertisement

I've used 3 different cards to pay for something before so it you check the balance of each there should be no reason you can't use them all during the same purchase(can't do that online which is a bit of a pain)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Lads - any of ye that have a problem spending these cards, send them my way - I never have any problem spending them :D:D:D

The last one I got was in my possession for less than 6 hours - quick trip to Debenhams that didn't cost me anything - happy days :):)

Send them my way too. I just used my lastt 50 euro on perfume with the card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

I've used 3 different cards to pay for something before so it you check the balance of each there should be no reason you can't use them all during the same purchase(can't do that online which is a bit of a pain)

There's a nice little app on Google play for checking card balances

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conduit.app_8b419abbe699436f8feef81a5caec615.app&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Shelflife wrote: »
    It costs €102 to get a card with €100 on it , for that you get the card , an envelope and a directory so effectively you have a ready made gift and don't have to buy card if you don't want to.

The simple way to avoid charges is to spend the €100, can't understand why it would take you more than a year to spend €100.

It takes 30secs to check your balance.

I got one 2 christmases ago, I took me 9 months to find someone who'd actually accept it. And to finish it off I had to log into a cumbersome website which took 10 minutes. The guy at the counter was really nice about it, but it's far from convenient.
    How the hell fid it take you 9 months to find some where, it's in the website and many shops take them

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

ted1 wrote: »
    How the hell fid it take you 9 months to find some where, it's in the website and many shops take them

I probably have it wrong but the ones I've gotten have the MasterCard logo on them. Can't they be used everywhere? I assumed that whenever I got mine and just used it as a credit card.

I've definitely used one in Texaco for petrol last year and they're not listed on the site.
    I remember using it there because it was the first time the cashier had used a non chip and pin card and I had to tell her I was meant to sign the slip.

I used one a month ago in Smyths. Another shop that isn't listed on the one4all site.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a One4All card I got from work last Xmas and have my eye on something on Amazon. It turns out that I've taken so long to get around to spending my money, that One4All no longer do Amazon credit conversions.

Does anyone know any kind of workaround to get a One4All card converted to Amazon credit or an Amazon gift card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

ED E wrote: »
    Dont buy them, if somebody offers them to you explain whats wrong with them and politely refuse. Eventually it'll die.

That would go down well in work! They buy 70 of them every year! I know a good few employer's like them, takes the guessing out of what to give.

Can't imagine someone saying no in principal,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Basil3 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a One4All card I got from work last Xmas and have my eye on something on Amazon. It turns out that I've taken so long to get around to spending my money, that One4All no longer do Amazon credit conversions.

Does anyone know any kind of workaround to get a One4All card converted to Amazon credit or an Amazon gift card?

have you checked how much is left on the card? it is probably a lot less than you think.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    Can you not just put the 16 digits in and buy like it's a debit? Or is that what you mean doesn't work any more?

I didn't know I could do that :D

have you checked how much is left on the card? it is probably a lot less than you think.

Still €250, they don't start taking a fee until next month.

People who receive these under the Small Gift Exemption should encourage employers to move to prepaid credit cards (e.g. Perfectcard) or if they insist on it being a shop card, FromMe2You has far, far, far more stores.

One4all charge huge commission to the retailers who accept it hence the dwindling acceptance and restrictions; e.g. wine only in O'Briens due to higher margins on wine.

People who receive these under the Small Gift Exemption should encourage employers to move to prepaid credit cards (e.g. Perfectcard) or if they insist on it being a shop card, FromMe2You has far, far, far more stores.

One4all charge huge commission to the retailers who accept it hence the dwindling acceptance and restrictions; e.g. wine only in O'Briens due to higher margins on wine.

Can you buy a prepaid credit card in someone else's name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Good to know. Thank you.

Can you buy a prepaid credit card in someone else's name?

Yes, they have no name at all associated with them (there may be one on the front but you can enter any and it'll pass validation)

This is a fixed value card; not a reloadable one like Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

Do you know off the top of your head the fees to buy these cards for employers, ie is it cheaper to buy one for all rather than perfectcard? Id much prefer the latter id love to say it to my employer, but costs will be a factor im sure

mel123 wrote: »
    Do you know off the top of your head the fees to buy these cards for employers, ie is it cheaper to buy one for all rather than perfectcard? Id much prefer the latter id love to say it to my employer, but costs will be a factor im sure

The cards cost €10.00 each. That could be a deal breaker for an employer...

All the fees are here;

http://www.perfectcard.ie/fees.html

• Advertisement

So I spoke to One4All and Amazon dropped support a couple of weeks ago. I don't know anywhere that I can physically buy an Amazon gift card using my One4All, and it would cost about €20 to convert my credit to a prepay MasterCard.

Advertisement