Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all cards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

The cards cost €10.00 each. That could be a deal breaker for an employer...

All the fees are here;

http://www.perfectcard.ie/fees.html

Yes thats the end of the at for my employer, they are as miserable!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Other options exist; I've received Perfectcard in the past but currently work somewhere where bonus is a dirty word so haven't seen one recently!

The operator profit for cards was hammered by EU charges restrictions so I could easily see them all charge. This is also why reward credit cards are all but gone - I get all of 0.1% and travel insurance on mine and that's on a card I have to pay to have.

Me2You costs the same as One4All for employers and has a better acceptance list - all Tesco stores for instance, when One4All is usable at a handful of Supervalus mostly in Dublin and no other supermarkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

L1011 wrote: »

Me2You costs the same as One4All for employers and has a better acceptance list - all Tesco stores for instance, when One4All is usable at a handful of Supervalus.

One4all charge a ripoff 12-15% to retailers accepting the card.

Me2you charge 3.5%-7%

Hence me2you will have a far better acceptance rate and a far better selection of smaller stores

CeilingFly wrote: »
    One4all charge a ripoff 12-15% to retailers accepting the card.

Me2you charge 3.5%-7%

Hence me2you will have a far better acceptance rate and a far better selection of smaller stores

Mentioned that upthread - I'm amazed anyone accepts One4All at all at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Last time I bought one it was face value, free shipping and a % cashback via the long useless fatcheese (which I actually got).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Last time I bought one it was face value, free shipping and a % cashback via the long useless fatcheese (which I actually got).

So it charges the retailer and not the consumer?

That seems like a good deal to the recipient of the card?

Am I wrong?

So it charges the retailer and not the consumer?

That seems like a good deal to the recipient of the card?

Am I wrong?

It does. It charges them an obscene amount (over 10%) that is causing retailers to drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

If your struggling to find somewhere to spend it just sent it back to one4all for the cash equivalent. I think they charge maybe €5 or some value close to that to change to cash

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

kkhornet wrote: »
    If your struggling to find somewhere to spend it just sent it back to one4all for the cash equivalent. I think they charge maybe €5 or some value close to that to change to cash

See section 10, redemption

https://www.one4all.ie/terms-conditions

• Advertisement

It does. It charges them an obscene amount (over 10%) that is causing retailers to drop out.

Obscene amount? Come on, 10% is not that bad.

Why are you worried about the retailers?

It's better for the consumer if the retailer pays.

You should be supporting the service, not acting all aggrieved about it.

Unless you're a retailer with an agenda...?

Obscene amount? Come on, 10% is not that bad.

Why are you worried about the retailers?

It's better for the consumer if the retailer pays.

You should be supporting the service, not acting all aggrieved about it.

Unless you're a retailer with an agenda...?

What isn't good for the consumer is if retailers won't come on board (or pull out) due to the fee.

Basil3 wrote: »
    What isn't good for the consumer is if retailers won't come on board (or pull out) due to the fee.

Agreed.

Actively telling people to not support the service because it's a bad deal for the retailer is strange position to take though.

Unless the poster is a retailer with an agenda...?

This thread is about consumer's issues. Not retailer's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

The poster is advocating boycotting the service because they claim it's an expensive service for retailers.

How is that good for consumer's?

The poster is advocating boycotting the service because they claim it's an expensive service for retailers.

How is that good for consumer's?

Increased costs for retailers are directly passed on to consumers

Increased costs for retailers are directly passed on to consumers

Lol Do you know what directly means?

One4all is one type of giftcard/payment type.

There is no way their retailer charges are DIRECTLY passed on to consumers.

I'm no fan of One4all but your advocating boycotting One4all because it's alledgedly expensive for retailers is ridiculous.

Lol Do you know what directly means?

One4all is one type of giftcard/payment type.

There is no way their retailer charges are DIRECTLY passed on to consumers.

I'm no fan of One4all but your advocating boycotting One4all because it's alledgedly expensive for retailers is ridiculous.

Retailers need to charge more to be able to accept them. That is bad for consumers. That that is the case is incredibly obvious

Retailers need to charge more to be able to accept them. That is bad for consumers. That that is the case is incredibly obvious

The card you have advocated using (Perfectcard) charges the consumer €10 to buy the card.

One4all charges the consumer much less to buy the card.
    In my experience of buying giftcards for employees they don't actually charge anything for the card.

You are advocating boycotting One4all because, you claim they charge the retailer "obscene" fees.

That is a very strange position for a consumer to take... unless you are a retailer?...

I'm not a retailer. I'm able to see that retailers will charge consumers more to maintain their margins

• Advertisement

I'm not a retailer. I'm able to see that retailers will charge consumers more to maintain their margins

How will a retailer charge a One4all owner anymore than a Perfectcard owner?

Out of all business expenses that a retailer may have, One4all charges would not be significant enough to cause them to change their prices.

For one thing, a One4all card may never arrive in their shop so how would they even quantify the potential extra costs?

Your advocating one card over another is strange and TBH as a mod in a consumer issues forum you should stop.

It's potentially damaging to an Irish business that has simply chosen one business model over another. If the model is faulty it will be corrected by the market.

How will a retailer charge a One4all owner anymore than a Perfectcard owner?

They charge everyone more to maintain their overall margins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Between Dh and I we had €1000 last Christmas - gave some as Xmas gifts and spent the remaining €800 throughout the year. Even if there was €1.37 cent left on one I'd use that towards a purchase. I don't see a problem with them at all and will be getting another €1000 this year. It's a tax free way of getting a Christmas bonus as an employee so I can't complain.

They charge everyone more to maintain their overall margins

You do realise that retail stores operate in a free market, don't you?

Increasing prices because of one giftcard that may never even arrive at their door would be commercial suicide...

You do realise that retail stores operate in a free market, don't you?

Increasing prices because of one giftcard that may never even arrive at their door would be commercial suicide...

If they didn't increase margins they would lose money on every one4all purchase made. That's commercial suicide, preparing isn't.

This is why lower margin retailers simply don't accept them. Accepting them forces prices higher for consumers

Compare the list of retailers accepting them ten years ago to now. It's dwindling.

If they didn't increase margins they would lose money on every one4all purchase made. That's commercial suicide, preparing isn't.

This is why lower margin retailers simply don't accept them

Do you have a link to support your claim of 10% charges?

If you don't you should withdraw your statements on it. It's conjecture and it distorts the debate.

Do you have a link to support your claim of 10% charges?

Talk to a retailer. Charges are not fixed for every retailer and are never published but, like credit and debit cards, are common knowledge. There are retailers posting in this thread

Talk to a retailer. Charges are not fixed for every retailer and are never published but, like credit and debit cards, are common knowledge. There are retailers posting in this thread

You're making these claims and advocating boycotting the service based on them.

It's up to you to backup the claims or withdraw them.

Patww79 wrote: »

No. I am a small business owner.

• Advertisement

You're making these claims and advocating boycotting the service based on it.

It's up to you to backup the claims or withdraw them.

Read the thread. See retailers providing the figures

I'm suggesting people use any of the multiple other options which are better for the consumer - one4all is specifically bad for the consumer.

If you have an issue with posts, report them and another mod can decide on them. Ordering any poster to stop is back seat moderation and not acceptable in any circumstances.

Do not post again in that manner

Advertisement