Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all cards

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

So One4All starts expiring after 12 months with the monthly fee, Perfect Card has a €12 fee so that's ruled out. Not clear if FromMe2You expires after 12 months as well... initial Google didn't turn up anything, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

mrcheez wrote: »
    So One4All starts expiring after 12 months with the monthly fee, Perfect Card has a €12 fee so that's ruled out. Not clear if FromMe2You expires after 12 months as well... initial Google didn't turn up anything, anyone know?

Me2you has a €1.40 monthly fee from month 13.
    https://www.me2you.ie/aboutus/termsconditions

All these cards have costs and they "rent" the numbers, so they have ongoing charges if the number remains live.

Me2you are valid in a far better variety of stores than one4all primarily because it's issued by retail excellence group and they charge a far lower commission to retailers.

Me2you has a €1.40 monthly fee from month 13.
    https://www.me2you.ie/aboutus/termsconditions

All these cards have costs and they "rent" the numbers, so they have ongoing charges if the number remains live.

Me2you are valid in a far better variety of stores than one4all primarily because it's issued by retail excellence group and they charge a far lower commission to retailers.

I did notice that Me2You was accepted in Smyths whereas One4All is not, but then again One4All is accepted in 360 Cycles and Me2You isn't listed.

These 2 seem to have same terms/fees so I'll just try to predict which stores I'll spend the most in and decide on the supported retailers :)

Note only some Supervalu's accept the gift cards so scratch that idea I think as mine isn't included

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

One4All stopped being any use when they dropped support for Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭chancer007

dundrum shopping centre gift card has a €3 monthly maintenance fee if you dont used it inside 12 months...

• Advertisement

While reviewing this today I spotted that Me2You is actually accepted in Tesco.

Neither One4All or Me2You are accepted in any supermarkets (apart from a select few Supervalues), so this is quite a major gain on the part of Me2You.

I'm just confirming a few last shops where I intend to use the gift card that definitely accept One4All, but don't have Me2You listed (but may still accept the Me2You). Certainly having Tesco is a major pull for going with Me2You.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thats a lot of mod deleted posts - what is it please that we cannot mention in case i ask the wrong thing....?

Im looking for a way to Spend my OFA card on some computer tech not carried by Easons and PCWorld - ideally would like Amazon vouchers and willing loose 20 euros in the conversion.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ozmo wrote: »
    Thats a lot of mod deleted posts - what is it please that we cannot mention in case i ask the wrong thing....?

Im looking for a way to Spend my OFA card on some computer tech not carried by Easons and PCWorld - ideally would like Amazon vouchers and willing loose 20 euros in the conversion.

the posts are deleted because the user closed their account.

have you tried redeeming the vouchers as suggested in this post?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105233604&postcount=71

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Redeming the vouchers as suggested in this post?...

Yeah - thanks, its a Tax free present thing - so it says thats not an option - I'm hoping to buy Amazon.co.uk real voucher Cards somewhere...

Want to buy some PC bits - and Argos/Currys/PCWorld are just not the go to place for harddrives etc...

“Roll it back”

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

ozmo wrote: »
    Yeah - thanks, its a Tax free present thing - so it says thats not an option - I'm hoping to buy Amazon.co.uk real voucher Cards somewhere...

Want to buy some PC bits - and Argos/Currys/PCWorld are just not the go to place for harddrives etc...

O4A no longer support buying Amazon vouchers unfortunately, you'll have to try elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merging the One4All threads together

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got a O4A voucher from work. Can't put in my bank as its a company-bought one, both rang and emailed O4A themselves and they confirmed. Is there any way I can get it in my account? Revolut doesn't accept it either.

Edit, alternatively are there any garage I can use it for fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No way to cash it out (law for small gift exemption ones) and filling stations would be insane to take it (the commission is vastly higher than the margin on fuel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

rizzee wrote: »
    Got a O4A voucher from work. Can't put in my bank as its a company-bought one, both rang and emailed O4A themselves and they confirmed. Is there any way I can get it in my account? Revolut doesn't accept it either.

They charge many retailers 12,3% net commission, so don't expect any place such as fuel stations that work on margins of 5% to accept them.

You're stuvk with shops that sell items with high margins.

Suggest to your company to buy me2you gift cards - far better selection of stores including Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks all, some family members have been using it and giving me the cash alternative. Win - win!

rizzee wrote: »

I had no problem cashing mine out into a bank account last year (less an €8 fee). Guess I was lucky.

Advertisement