Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can i buy a lenovo p2?

• 21-05-2017 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Looks amazing with a 3 day battery life but i cant seem to find anywhere where i can pay upfront for the full price of it. Three do a stupid contract thing which i assume includes the price of the phone. Why cant i buy it out right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I've only seen it on komplett for €299

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Looks amazing with a 3 day battery life but i cant seem to find anywhere where i can pay upfront for the full price of it. Three do a stupid contract thing which i assume includes the price of the phone. Why cant i buy it out right?

I know three.co.uk are selling them £209 pay as you go and I believe all three phones come unlocked HERE

I was just wondering if it is possible to buy from them and do the parcel motel delivery?

If anyone has done this or attempted it I would be interested in hearing how?

Really seems like a great bang for buck phone as I am a bit skeptical going the eglobal and other chinese slow-boat seller route.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Got mine about 2 months ago off komplett for 299. Quality phone, battery is class. Easily do 2 days with normal use, would get 3 handily with moderate use. Have no problem leaving the house in the morning with 20% battery left. Makes a change from the 4 year old HTC M7 I as using where it goes from 20% to 0 in one jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭914

paulieeye wrote: »
    Got mine about 2 months ago off komplett for 299. Quality phone, battery is class. Easily do 2 days with normal use, would get 3 handily with moderate use. Have no problem leaving the house in the morning with 20% battery left. Makes a change from the 4 year old HTC M7 I as using where it goes from 20% to 0 in one jump.

What's the camera like?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

Anyone had any luck getting this from 3 UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

FTA69 wrote:
    Here, I generally think all politicians are full of it but he's not. For years he's been totally consistent in his positions. I used to live in his constituency and every resident's group or local campaign group (i.e. genuine local people who graft away for the better) think he's sound. Put it this way, while the government were at a function shmoozing away with the apartheid regime ministers, he was outside getting arrested.

MrSzyslak wrote:
    Anyone had any luck getting this from 3 UK?

Bought in newry . Great job

Their out of stock online now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tindog76

I got my Lenovo P2 (4gb ram 32gb storage) last week from Komplett.ie Am very happy with it. I use it a fair bit and am getting 2 days out of it before having to re-charge it. Would definitely recommend it.

It is quite different to a Samsung S6, that I used to have, but absolutely no regret in changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭914

Tindog76 wrote: »
    I got my Lenovo P2 (4gb ram 32gb storage) last week from Komplett.ie Am very happy with it. I use it a fair bit and am getting 2 days out of it before having to re-charge it. Would definitely recommend it.

It is quite different to a Samsung S6, that I used to have, but absolutely no regret in changing.

How do you find the camera compared to the s6?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tindog76

Honestly, it's fine for me. I am not a huge picture taker, but I am aware that numerous others have intimated that the camera is not as good as Samsungs. My wife has just got the Samsung S7, and I will say that her camera is better quality. But for €310 sim free dual sim phone, you will be happy with it.

• Advertisement

Pity there's no way of ordering from three UK, at 210 pounds it's a steal. Don't accept parcel motel it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

addresspal might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Has anyone found any other options? 3 UK seems to be sold out, and komplett seems to be the option but is a 100 yoyos more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Amazon Italy has the P2 as well.

I seriously looked at getting it to replace my Z3 (battery beast in its day despite only a 3000mah battery but starting to show its age now, random restarts and app closes).

What put me off was Lenovo's generally poor software update timetable and that the ultra-battery mode button is in an awkward spot that could see it activated when taking it out of your pocket, anyone who has one want to comment on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

This crowd have it for €185. The only downside being a slightly lesser quality camera but perfectly fine if your not taking high end snaps. I have mine about 5 months now. Saw 1 or 2 moments of slow down when navigating around the phone but minimal. Still very happy with it and I got it at €300.

re the ultra-battery mode button placement, no I havent had issues with that, its not a button that you would slide accidentally, takes a bit of force to move it.
    However I do have an issue with the placement of the power button on the other side, its right below the volume down button. So gets hit from time to time when attempting to change the volume and turns the screen off. Happened a good bit at the start. I was used to power button being on top of the phone. Also the speaker placement on the bottom gets covered by ur finger occasionally. These types of things are annoying cus of simple design decisions but its up to u how much they annoy u.

but honestly, it pales in comparison to the benefits of the battery. fast charging so ur back to 80% in no time.

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_658919.html?wid=4&currency=EUR&vip=764180&gclid=Cj0KCQjw557NBRC9ARIsAHJvVVPuFfiPjQzWyxW_FWs5_4isIhWZeYYJzdY9s9S6D_Qj8mBSbUFrTtQaAmCxEALw_wcB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Yeah, I agree on both points.

I've read reviews saying it's easy to hit the battery saver, but I haven't experienced that.

And it's taking me a while to get used to the location of the power button.

Really amazing battery, it's like having an old Nokia again.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

paulieeye wrote: »

Great price! Problem with this crowd is that they don't have a great reputation from a lot of boardies and as it ships from HK, you'll get hit with customs. Is Komplett the only other way to go or has anyone come across a good price anywhere else?

Advertisement