Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does 100/32A...100/80A...100/10A etc mean on DBs / Socomec Diris Ap question

Options
  • 21-05-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭

Two questions
    1: 100/32A switch fuse
    There are 16 such switch fuses in an electrical room.
    The notation is 100/XXA where XX varies from 80A to 10A

My interest is trying to see if they are a possible proxy for energy use as the budget wont stretch to sub-metering them all.

Socomec Diris Ap

Any thoughts in the cost associated with extracting a pulse output from these meters.
    There is a data logger on the other side of the room so a wired solution would work.
    Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Two questions 1: 100/32A switch fuse There are 16 such switch fuses in an electrical room. The notation is 100/XXA where XX varies from 80A to 10A
    It would be a 100amp rated holder and unit but fused down to 32amps.

It's used to maintain some capacity in the system if you needed to expand it out

You couldn't fuse above the 100 amps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

well, I suppose you would submeter the ones with the highest amps as a priority. It isn't necessarily true that the ones with the highest amps use the most kWh though. It depends whether the load is continuous or intermittent.

DIN Submeters are not very expensive, if you have somewhere they can be easily wired and if you have a qualified person available to fit them.

It is a project for an electrician who knows what he's doing. If he knows what's on the circuits, he should be able to tell you which ones are worth sub metering.

Advertisement