Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streets of Dublin 5k 2017

Options
  • 21-05-2017 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Anybody know where I can view the results of this morning's run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dermo1987

Anybody know where I can view the results of this morning's run?

Yea you can find the link on the facebook page

Boards won't let me add the url
    racetecresults com/Results.aspx?CId=19671&RId=2002

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Was it a good race?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

Yes, race was enjoyable. Times in results a bit out. I was a bit back from start line but results show just one second difference from gun start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Anyone know why the start was delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Going by the 9 o'clock news I'd say Leo Varadkar might have had something to do with it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Going by the 9 o'clock news I'd say Leo Varadkar might have had something to do with it...
    How long was the delay? Might have been due to closing for traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    How long was the delay? Might have been due to closing for traffic

6 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

An enjoyable race, very good value for €15 and you got a nice t-shirt, which most people were wearing. From looking at the course map it looked to be kinda tricky with a lot of turns but I didn't find it that bad, the only awkward one was the u-turn at the 3Arena, the rest you could take at speed. The total entry was around the 1,000. It was a lovely morning and everyone was in good form, it's always nice to do a city centre run.

It did turn into a bit of circus when Leo arrived. He plonked himself right at the front, ideal for his photo op but not for all the faster runners behind him. I also think he jumped the gun, I had the added bonus of seeing myself on the lunchtime news. One of the officials said the reason the race was delayed was due to a bus on the course.

Advertisement