Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fresh fish

Options
  • 21-05-2017 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I would like to buy fish on line, are anybody buying fish at the dublinfishcompany?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would like to buy fish on line, are anybody buying fish at the dublinfishcompany?

as I see this infuriating nonsense I presume they charge a lot, turns me right off
    [Sign in to view price]

Lots of supermarkets do frozen plain (unbreaded/unbattered) fish fillets these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

rubadub wrote: »
    as I see this infuriating nonsense I presume they charge a lot, turns me right off

Lots of supermarkets do frozen plain (unbreaded/unbattered) fish fillets these days.

probably you are right but I don't find whole fish as atlantic mackerel or fresh tuna in big supermarkets

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Where are you based? A decent fishmonger would probably be your best bet.

kylith wrote: »
    Where are you based? A decent fishmonger would probably be your best bet.

there are good fishermongers near my area but unfortunately they don't sell on line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

there are good fishermongers near my area but unfortunately they don't sell on line

Why not go there and buy some fish? I can't imagine any online fish is terribly fresh in reality

• Advertisement

Why not go there and buy some fish? I can't imagine any online fish is terribly fresh in reality

because I am disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

because I am disabled

So how do you usually get your food?

So how do you usually get your food?

on line

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

on line

How did you manage before Tescos home delivery service?

What I think people are saying, fish should be picked out in a store to insure quality. Also unless you plan on spending a minimum of €100 per week on fish then I don't think the Dublin fish company is going to have much interest in your business.

How did you manage before Tescos home delivery service?

What I think people are saying, fish should be picked out in a store to insure quality. Also unless you plan on spending a minimum of €100 per week on fish then I don't think the Dublin fish company is going to have much interest in your business.

Why do you want to know how I managed before Tesco home delivery service?
    I already ordered my tuna and I am going to eat it tomorrow, I am not going to spend 100euro of tuna every week, I love tuna but not that much.
    If you really want fresh fish you will have catch it today and cook within 1-2 hours of fish been caught, at any shop fish is already several days old

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Sorry about the rudeness in this thread, things are a bit less friendly around these forums recently imo.

I haven't tried that fish company you linked to, what about this one?

http://www.seafood2go.ie

It seems to be fresh fish but of course you could freeze it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

because I am disabled

In fairness there was no way we could have known that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

kylith wrote: »
    In fairness there was no way we could have known that.

Nobody should have to disclose that kind of information. The OP was looking for info on online fish suppliers. Responding with "just go to a bricks and mortar fish mongers" doesn't exactly help the OP with their request.

Edited to add: my comments about unfriendliness weren't directed at you.

Sorry about the rudeness in this thread, things are a bit less friendly around these forums recently imo.

I haven't tried that fish company you linked to, what about this one?

http://www.seafood2go.ie

It seems to be fresh fish but of course you could freeze it yourself.

Thank you, I have already received my tuna, but next time I am going to try also the website you suggested

Nobody should have to disclose that kind of information. The OP was looking for info on online fish suppliers. Responding with "just go to a bricks and mortar fish mongers" doesn't exactly help the OP with their request.

Edited to add: my comments about unfriendliness weren't directed at you.

many people are very naïve and they just think that if they can walk whenever they want and wherever they want they assume that all people can do the same.
    I can walk short distance but shopping requires too much energy, I have a genetic disorder of the muscles. Anyway internet makes life for disable people so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thank you, I have already received my tuna, but next time I am going to try also the website you suggested

Got the small seafood box before and it was great, comes fresh as a daisy and was a load of fish for ?50. I'd recommend these guys.

http://www.kerryfish.com/fish-and-seafood/fresh-fish.html

I note it says out of stock due to bad weather but I've called Quinlans before and they shipped my order no problems, they just hadn't updated their website

vicwatson wrote: »
    Got the small seafood box before and it was great, comes fresh as a daisy and was a load of fish for ?50. I'd recommend these guys.

http://www.kerryfish.com/fish-and-seafood/fresh-fish.html

I note it says out of stock due to bad weather but I've called Quinlans before and they shipped my order no problems, they just hadn't updated their website

Thanks!I will order some fish from kerryfish next time, I have already received the delivery from the dublinfishcompany and now I have fish for the next few months

Advertisement