Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Sign

Options
  • 21-05-2017 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All, my work pc won't allow me the option of entering the "€" symbol in emails that I send. If I go to the insert option , there is no option to insert symbols.

I used to be able to use ALT 01258 to bring it up but since an upgrade this no longer works.

Has anyone any ideas on how I go about getting the € sign to work in Outlook?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

have you written it in notepade, then copy+paste into outlook? Have you some formatting option in outlook?

Outlook is awful, prefer something like Thunderbird where you can ask for only plain text - outlook is works "main" option too for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

I get it on my Linux system if I press Right-Alt + 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Alcoheda wrote: »
    I get it on my Linux system if I press Right-Alt + 4.

Ctrl + Alt + 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ctrl-Alt-4 doesn't work? What about just copying and pasting the symbol from above? Does that not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Windows key and 4

Also ctrl alt E works (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

jogdish wrote: »
    have you written it in notepade, then copy+paste into outlook? Have you some formatting option in outlook?

Outlook is awful, prefer something like Thunderbird where you can ask for only plain text - outlook is works "main" option too for me.

I have been only copying it from emails that I receive which have it. I have noticed when I go to paste it, it throws the formatting of the email off, and I have to go away and change both the size and font.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Ctrl+Alt+4 gives € where $ is Shift+4

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give them all a shot in the morning and see what does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

Ctrl + Alt + 4?

No, "Alt Gr" on the right side of the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Alcoheda wrote: »
    No, "Alt Gr" on the right side of the keyboard.

Ah, both work. I have never used Alt gr for € before. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Assuming you are using an Irish/UK keyboard, then 'alt gr' + '4' should work.

Advertisement