Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had a fag after 4 years vaping

Options
  • 21-05-2017 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

The new TPD legislation has driven me back to the fags. It's cheaper to buy Amber leaf than vape, where are the rest of you buying your liquid? I'm so píssed off. And I don't want to DIY as I don't want toxic Nicotine Liquid around the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The new TPD legislation has driven me back to the fags. It's cheaper to buy Amber leaf than vape, where are the rest of you buying your liquid? I'm so píssed off. And I don't want to DIY as I don't want toxic Nicotine Liquid around the house.

Is it really? TPD means you'll only be able to buy 30g pouches of tobacco.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Is it really? TPD means you'll only be able to buy 30g pouches of tobacco.....

Paid 24 for 30ml and lasted 3 days. 10ml is now 7.

Your figures don't add up ;) means you paid less per ml for the 10ml than you did for the 30ml. Most places will be doing 3x10ml bottles for the same price the 30ml were.

Most people have stocked up on the pre-tpd sales.

Your figures don't add up ;) means you paid less per ml for the 10ml than you did for the 30ml. Most places will be doing 3x10ml bottles for the same price the 30ml were.

Most people have stocked up on the pre-tpd sales.

Yep, but it was a 30ml bottle, after the 20th, 10ml was 7. I used to buy 120ml for €20

Yep, but it was a 30ml bottle, after the 20th, 10ml was 7. I used to buy 120ml for €20

Yeah the cheaper liquids like gypsy juice etc probably won't be replaced. There's talk of places selling 0mg liquid and then giving nicotine boosters to add the nicotine to it.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see, it's too early to tell, but smoking isn't exactly cheaper. 30g pouch of tobacco is the smallest you can buy and it's 15 quid a pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Yeah the cheaper liquids like gypsy juice etc probably won't be replaced. There's talk of places selling 0mg liquid and then giving nicotine boosters to add the nicotine to it.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see, it's too early to tell, but smoking isn't exactly cheaper. 30g pouch of tobacco is the smallest you can buy and it's 15 quid a pop.

Have seen the shake n'vape bottles about already. Some place in uk, cant remember where but was about £10 for 90ml plus a 10ml nic shot. Or something around that. Brings it to about 3mg. I guess if you need stronger you have to buy extra shots.

The cheaper ones will still be about in this form id say.

The "premium" juices seem to be doing the triple pack option at the min which tbf they are trying to keep the price close to what their 30ml bottles where.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I vape 30ml a day so I mix my own but sometimes I get lazy & I use this site for cheap liquid & it is tasty,excellent options for 0mg to 18mg & there is a Cloud Range for DL vaping.
    I have tried all of them,one or two were a bit meh,but for a pound,I didn't mind dumping some,you might like what I hate...

I have used both shipping methods,£8 straight to my door or use PM,I usually buy 30 bottles at a time.
    Approx 300ml would cost €46 & that includes shipping....

Had to edit,I forgot the link....LOL

https://www.onepoundeliquid.com/fruit-c3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is it illegal to order 100ml juice for delivery outside EU?

dave1982 wrote: »
    Is it illegal to order 100ml juice for delivery outside EU?

I'm not sure but I have looked at buying in bulk from the US, the shipping can be as expensive as the product and I'm not sure whether customs would seize it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bushmanpm

I make my own juice and to beat the TPD deadline bulked up on nicotine but when I was looking at the website I'm sure it said the stronger % would still be available for businesses.
    I could be wrong but with looking into.
    I know the OP doesn't want nicotine in the house but when I can knock up around 450ml for £20-25 I'm not complaining!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm not sure but I have looked at buying in bulk from the US, the shipping can be as expensive as the product and I'm not sure whether customs would seize it.

I'd be concerned that they might. What I'm thinking of doing is ordering a load of 0mg large bottles and then just getting the 10ml nic shots for the hubby - he can add the nicotine himself and still have a big bottle of liquid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

lankz92 wrote: »
    Have seen the shake n'vape bottles about already. Some place in uk, cant remember where but was about £10 for 90ml plus a 10ml nic shot. Or something around that. Brings it to about 3mg. I guess if you need stronger you have to buy extra shots.

The cheaper ones will still be about in this form id say.

The "premium" juices seem to be doing the triple pack option at the min which tbf they are trying to keep the price close to what their 30ml bottles where.

E-smoke Ireland are doing their dropper range in a shake and vape. €25 for 100ml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

E-smoke Ireland are doing their dropper range in a shake and vape. €25 for 100ml

Very low nic levels only.

Edit - Or am I reading it wrong. It the nic level 1.8 or 9 after adding a shot comparing it with a traditional order?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

I know you might be into certain juices/pg and vg ratios. And other people go for "premium" only. But if you're looking for run of the mill juice that simply does the job, Dealz do 10ml for €1.50.

It does me and I've no complaints about it, different strengths up to 18mg available. Was chinese made last year but they've moved to a supplier that produces the liquid in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Very low nic levels only.

Edit - Or am I reading it wrong. It the nic level 1.8 or 9 after adding a shot comparing it with a traditional order?

1.8 or 3.6 which is fine for sub ohm vaping I guess. I haven't looked at what they are doing in their standard range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

1.8 or 3.6 which is fine for sub ohm vaping I guess. I haven't looked at what they are doing in their standard range.

Dam it the Vampires Kiss looked exactly like it could replace what I had been using but the nic is far too low for my device.

Dam it the Vampires Kiss looked exactly like it could replace what I had been using but the nic is far too low for my device.

I presume you didn't stock up on Nicotine so you could add more nic to low nic strengths of liquids.
    Maybe some vapors here have gone nuts & over stocked with too much nic & may sell you some...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Nic shots can still be purchased from the regular suppliers,there are calculators available for mixing per centages. I'll post links later to what's available.

Nic shots can still be purchased from the regular suppliers,there are calculators available for mixing per centages. I'll post links later to what's available.

http://picknmixdiy.com/unflafoured-nicotine-vpgoptima-18mg-10ml-picknmixdiy-wexford

There's a calculator in the link to assist with reaching the desired nic level. It's 18mg nic in 10 ml bottles so bear that in mind if using your own calculator.

Bear in mind also that storing Nicotine is no more dangerous to store at home than say Parazone or weedkiller which I'd imagine would be pretty common in most homes. As long as these items are handled and stored safely then there isn't really any need for concern.

• Advertisement

I presume you didn't stock up on Nicotine so you could add more nic to low nic strengths of liquids.
    Maybe some vapors here have gone nuts & over stocked with too much nic & may sell you some...

Went nuts long before I started hoarding Nic youdipstick :D:D:D:D My biggest concern now is that suppliers are gonna run out of glass bottles to decant it into :(:(:(

Think I may hold the crown for having received the last available 1Litre of 7.2% Nicotine ever to travel via post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Buzz EC

Are you now suggesting that it is cheaper to smoke cigarettes than to vape those e-cig things?

Buzz EC wrote: »
    Are you now suggesting that it is cheaper to smoke cigarettes than to vape those e-cig things?

Depends on how much you smoke versus how much you vape. Those "e-cig things" will always be the healthier option though. :)

Depends on how much you smoke versus how much you vape. Those "e-cig things" will always be the healthier option though. :)

You can say that again Doc,I've managed to borrow 8 years of life already,I just need another few years & that'll do me :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Buzz EC wrote: »

It might be cheaper for those that vape uber premium juice in a sub ohm dripper or whatever its called that eats juice. One guy earlier in the thread said he vaped 30ml a day!! I was paying about €8.50 for 30ml of liqua juice. So yeah, if I was vaping 30ml a day it'd be approaching cig prices. However, a 30ml bottle actually lasts me about a week and I am puffing on my regular eleaf istick with regular clearomiser all day every day.

So its only for a select few that vaping appoaches cig prices. For the vast majority of regular vapers its nowhere near the cost of cigs.

I used to smoke 40 a day at the end. Thats over €600 a month. My vape juice costs me about €40 a month. Im approaching 5 years vaping and have saved about 35,000 euro in that time!! Even if I had been a regular 20 a day man, id have still saved 17 grand in those 5 years.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's crazy how fast the cig prices add up. A couple I know got married recently and had a short engagement but an absolutely massive wedding - went all out, cost an absolute bomb. A lot of people speculated that they'd taken out a gigantic loan to fund it, but in reality they'd both given up smoking - both smoked about 2 packs a day, and more if they were on a night out. 8 months off the smokes had their wedding and honeymoon paid for!!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

The Sorrow and TPD

idea... So I'm a travelling vape man and go from town to town with big barrels of e-juice. Can't sell you more then 10ml with warning labels on... so that is what I do but I do suggest bringing a big container to dump the 10ml in and sure leave the 10ml bottle for me to recycle - hey here's another 10ml for ya and another and another. So now you have 100ml or 500ml used one 10ml bottle and you got a good deal and we're all happy!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

OP Just stop with the nicotine substitutes altogether.

You should be free then.

The amount of work colleagues that are finding the new regulations difficult is mad, some hadn't a clue, I did then smoked my back up liquid, because of a couple of weddings and communions this year, couldn't splurge. I found a place that will sell 300ml of tigers blood for €48 including delivery, all in 10ml bottles. The thread is in here. That's it I suppose, nothing else I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I've been working my way down the nic levels from 24mg. Didn't even notice the transition from 24 to 18 or 18 to 12. Was all set to move down to 6mg but with TPD, thebestshop was selling off their 30ml of Liqua 12mg for less than half price. Bought 10 bottles of 30ml. Thats me sorted for the next 3 months....looks like I'll be staying at 12mg for a little while longer.

Advertisement