Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money has been robbed from my bank account

• 21-05-2017 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Has anyone else got scammed by a website called "Gamefoo"?

I was looking at my transactions in my banking app. Having a nosey at what I have left for the week and €60 has done a disappearing act. Checked online and it's apparently a scamming website. Has anyone else ever heard of this??

I can't even ring the bank until tomorrow to get this sorted but this means, I'm now €60 down for the week :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭pah

Did you sign up for a "free trial" of something and enter your card details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Isn't there a way to contact the bank through the app (email / message)?

Just duckduckgo'd the site and the first page is full of complaints and reports of scams.

I'd try to recoup that as soon as possible as your card might be compromised (in case it's used again!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

pah wrote: »
    Did you sign up for a "free trial" of something and enter your card details?

Not that I know of to be honest. All I've signed up to was Netflix and iTunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

GuessWhoEh wrote:
    Not that I know of to be honest. All I've signed up to was Netflix and iTunes.

How would they have gotten your card number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    How would they have gotten your card number?

I've gotten to the bottom of it. Rang bank, they couldn't do anything about it unless I rang said website. Rang the website in which they tried to say "if you give your card details then we'll look into it" in which I said, you seem to have it already so why would I repeat it. Long story short, seems like my card was used to entertain someone for 60quid a month. They sent me an email to say they have confirmed cancellation and will give back 5 months worth of money they took out. I still haven't a breeze what the website is and I know for a fact it wasn't me that joined it. Cancelled card and got a new one just to be on the safe side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 nate.drake

GuessWho

So sorry to hear you were defrauded. Maybe scammers thought as it's smaller amount you'd miss it. Good thing you spotted it in time and voided your card. I am currently using 'Revolut' app which for a small fee will generate virtual Mastercards for you. Better yet you can disable them when you're not actually ordering something - take a look if you want. Sorry I can't post links just yet, new to Boards!

Advertisement