Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punishment overtake

Comments

lawred2 wrote: »
    jeez the irony

sounds like you're a pair of clowns who shouldn't be on the road

If I did that to someone on my bike I would expect to be veered into. You ride like a clown don't be surprised if you come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Taxi men take the pizs. They are always fluteing about with that Halo app (or what ever the hell its called now) while driving.

Sometime they will stop and block a main road while tapping the phone.

I can understand his frustration. Although putting himself in harms way might not be the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

The OP reminds me of those American security guards in films who go absolutely mad with power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

More like Paul Blatt from Mall Cop on a bike....ffs.

Id say the so called "punishment" was more of this type of affair......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP is a fooking troll.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

When I saw this thread I was half expecting the poster to have gotten all Mad Max on some driver.....dissapointed to say the least.....next time stick yer tongue out too.....

Appropriate force was used to deal with the dangerous driver, excessive force was unnecessary and illegal under the Irish law. As a citizen of this country I am allowed to perform something known as ''citizens arrest'' if I see a specimen breaking the law. Excessive force is also punishable under the Irish law. In this case the punishment overtake was an appropriate method of teaching the law breaker a lesson without being excessive. It was an effective method of punishment as he stopped using the device he he was using and started paying attention to the road ahead.
    I consider his punishment effective as it improved the safety of our roads and possibly saved lives.
    Thank you for reading.

''A citizen's arrest is an arrest made by a person who is not acting as a sworn law-enforcement official. In common law jurisdictions, the practice dates back to medieval England and the English common law, in which sheriffs encouraged ordinary citizens to help apprehend law breakers.''

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I bet the driver is clearly sorry and wont do it again, you certainly softened his cough!!!

He certainly was after I performed my duty as a citizen of this country which is to improve safety of everyone. I will not have dangerous drivers driving on the M50 and endangering everyone else. After I have punished him, he stopped using his device and started looking ahead and picking up the pace, I consider it a success punishment and drivers behind me were grateful of my actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Kamikaze overtake. OP cop yourself on. You are not long for this world with that carry on.
    I am going to press ahead with my new movie script 'The Punisher' it will be the road movie for the ages. One man and his tireless crusade to teach people how to drive.

And best thing is you will hardly be around any more to sue me for royalties and robbing your idea.

Now this is what I call a punishment post (patent pending).

bmwguy wrote: »
    Kamikaze overtake. OP cop yourself on. You are not long for this world with that carry on.
    I am going to press ahead with my new movie script 'The Punisher' it will be the road movie for the ages. One man and his tireless crusade to teach people how to drive.

And best thing is you will hardly be around any more to sue me for royalties and robbing your idea.

If you think I will not be able to escape a 1.6 avensis with my Hayabusa then you need to do some research. Absolutely mind boggling. See you in court for stealing my movie idea. Expect a letter from my lawyer in the post next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

OP is a fooking troll.

He's getting wide with me in PMs now as well for replying. anyone else getting them? Hilarious. This **** is worth the license fee alone.

• Advertisement

Synthol wrote: »
    If you think I will not be able to escape a 1.6 avensis with my Hayabusa then you need to do some research. Absolutely mind boggling. See you in court for stealing my movie idea. Expect a letter from my lawyer in the post next week.

Had to Google that bike. I don't believe you have one. This thread is a wind up. Buy a copy of today's paper and post a picture of it on the saddle of the world's fastest production bike which you apparently own.

Is your Hayabusa one of those self-righting ones that an avensis will bounce harmlessly off?

Had to Google that bike. I don't believe you have one. This thread is a wind up. Buy a copy of today's paper and post a picture of it on the saddle of the world's fastest production bike which you apparently own.

Plenty of busas around. Usually driven by headcases. So, his story checks out.

gerrowadat wrote: »

But he sounds 12!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Appropriate force was used to deal with the dangerous driver, excessive force was unnecessary and illegal under the Irish law. As a citizen of this country I am allowed to perform something known as ''citizens arrest'' if I see a specimen breaking the law. Excessive force is also punishable under the Irish law. In this case the punishment overtake was an appropriate method of teaching the law breaker a lesson without being excessive. It was an effective method of punishment as he stopped using the device he he was using and started paying attention to the road ahead.
    I consider his punishment effective as it improved the safety of our roads and possibly saved lives.
    Thank you for reading.

''A citizen's arrest is an arrest made by a person who is not acting as a sworn law-enforcement official. In common law jurisdictions, the practice dates back to medieval England and the English common law, in which sheriffs encouraged ordinary citizens to help apprehend law breakers.''

Yeah you're a troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Appropriate force was used to deal with the dangerous driver, excessive force was unnecessary and illegal under the Irish law. As a citizen of this country I am allowed to perform something known as ''citizens arrest'' if I see a specimen breaking the law.

Firstly, his "crime" is not one which you can perform a citizen's arrest for. You may need to look up the actual law for making a citizen's arrest. :P

"Appropriate force"?? Oh please. Beeping your horn and pointing to your speedo is now "force"?? :D

A small touch from the front of his car on your bike would send you flying and probably out in to the traffic lane of the M50. No matter how fast your bike is, a small touch may be enough to take you down.

I must say though, this thread has been totally entertaining and I'm having a great laugh. Keep it going. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

But he sounds 12!
    gerrowadat wrote: »

Ah lads ... that's totally unfair to 12yr old headcases. This guy sounds worse. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Now this is what I call a punishment post (patent pending).

I don't give you permission to use punisher.

The punisher has already been used for 2 movies.

I am sorry I did not know that making the streets safer for everyone was a bad thing. Hmm after doing my research it appears that most of the unhappy posters here are cage drivers which explains their unacceptable behaviour. I am sorry but I think that punishing drivers who use electronic devices while driving is an honorable thing to do. If I see someone on the phone while I am on my superbike then you can be sure that these actions will not go unpunished. I don't do this for fun, I do this so our roads can be safer for everyone especially vulnerable users such as motorcyclists and cyclists.

Paulw wrote: »
    Firstly, his "crime" is not one which you can perform a citizen's arrest for. You may need to look up the actual law for making a citizen's arrest. :P

"Appropriate force"?? Oh please. Beeping your horn and pointing to your speedo is now "force"?? :D

A small touch from the front of his car on your bike would send you flying and probably out in to the traffic lane of the M50. No matter how fast your bike is, a small touch may be enough to take you down.

I must say though, this thread has been totally entertaining and I'm having a great laugh. Keep it going. :D

If the person had not fixed their behaviour a security chain would have to be brought in to use. In this case the person fixed their behaviour making more severe actions unjustifiable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I am sorry I did not know that making the streets safer for everyone was a bad thing. Hmm after doing my research it appears that most of the unhappy posters here are cage drivers which explains their unacceptable behaviour. I am sorry but I think that punishing drivers who use electronic devices while driving is an honorable thing to do. If I see someone on the phone while I am on my superbike then you can be sure that these actions will not go unpunished. I don't do this for fun, I do this so our roads can be safer for everyone especially vulnerable users such as motorcyclists and cyclists.

Is this you?

A Toyota tailgates and tries to overtake me in a 50 km/h zone. I do a stop & go punishment, and he honks at me so I flip him off back. Afterwards he nearly rams me with the SUV. While I wasn't being very nice myself, I still don't think that what I did deserved to get me killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bushmanpm

Never mind Mad Max, OP is more like Judge Dredd, dealing with the scourge of law breakers to make the roads safer for decent citizens on his 'Busa!
    Hahahahahahahaha
    Top trolling lad, I await your next thread eagerly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

I hope he is a troll (and a damn good one at that).

'cause if he isn't, I worry for his sanity, which will be pretty blissfully short-lived.

By the way, I tried a punishment overtake on my pushbike, but got a blister on my finger from constantly ringing my bell. And the dog didn't give a damn anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

:pac::pac:

I will see your punishment overtake and raise you a super combo apocalyptic overtake. It's where you ignore the empty overtaking lanes and overtake a car in the same lane as you but while driving a supercar, which I actually have. You then wind down the window prompting them to do so and force them to tell you a joke and don't release them from your apocalypse grip of doom until they make you laugh. They know they have been apocalypsed after that let me tell you. Patent is pending on this one so don't let me see any of you trying this without proper authority. I will be patrolling m50 making it safe. You will definitely recognise me. I will have Gay Byrne in the passenger seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Here any chance you can take a spin up to the gap for the next few weekends and sort out a over zealous seat leon driver.....if you got your rocks off over a lane merge, this guy will have you cumming from your visor!!!

Report back with your findings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

ride on brave warrior
    like a modern day knight errant

truly arent the hero we deserve, but the one we need right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I am sorry I did not know that making the streets safer for everyone was a bad thing.

Hanging up the keys of your imaginary busa would be a good way to do that.
    my superbike

:rolleyes: Dead giveaway when some dreamer who's probably never swung a leg over a Honda 50 thinks they're using all the right lingo, but they're not.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

...you can be sure that these actions will not go unpunished. I don't do this for fun, I do this so our roads can be safer for everyone

Synthol spotted earlier today...

581a19f107deab2162a5ebb29100a7f6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

colbert-popcorn.gif

Advertisement