Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S & S opt out?

Options
  • 21-05-2017 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Are many here planning to take the option of the S&S opt out.
    I have just discovered I am eligible & will be applying.
    A lot of my eligible TUI colleagues are doing likewise & are opting out,despite the short notice given!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'd be out like a shot if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

The fact that they've made it a "now or never" ultimatum makes it all the more urgent & tempting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

What's with the short notice? I thought they originally said the option of opt out would come in September.

....might have thought it'd go by unnoticed, and suppose it gives management advance notice of S&S availability?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

What's with the short notice? I thought they originally said the option of opt out would come in September.

I'd imagine they are hoping it'll give people less time to calculate ramifications for pensions etc. They don't want opt outs really.

• Advertisement

I only really want a break from it but if that means quitting for good then so be it!😂

I laughed at the Opt in forms. I'd love to know how many go for that one :D .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

How short notice is short? We're all ASTI in my school so no such luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

dory wrote: »
    How short notice is short? We're all ASTI in my school so no such luck!

Have to be returned by Friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Lads, as an Asti member who opted out back in the day, its worth every red cent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

This has caused lots of commontion in my school! We're all ASTI and now lots want to jump ship from ASTI by Friday to get out of S&S.

dory wrote: »
    This has caused lots of commontion in my school! We're all ASTI and now lots want to jump ship from ASTI by Friday to get out of S&S.

Sure any deal we eventually reach with the dept will include this opt out, you can be guaranteed of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Remember it's only because of the ASTI talks this opt out is on the table, not that the ASTI argued for this inequality. I'm nearly sure last time was a last time once off offer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Apparently the pension ramifications are significant or so I was told

Easily offset by investing in tax efficient avc. Plus if gov charge more for pensions then the "fee" for opting out will reduce the amount you have to pay for what they might charge.

I don't think they are tbh. It's sweet feck all multiplied by your remaining years service.

Advertisement