Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talking motorcycle?

Options
  • 22-05-2017 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what's the craic with the motorcycle that's parked down the bottom of Abbeygate St tonight (and last night too about this time). It must have some kind of motion sensor, and when someone walks past plays one of a couple of scripts

"Hey. Hey you. Hey, I'm talking to you. Look at me goddamit."

Or

"Hello. What's your name."

and some others.

I'm sure it's some kind of creative expression, and I love that crazy stuff happens in Galway.

But there are lots of people living in apartments around here - far more than you'd realise from the street. Some of us actually like sleeping 'cos we go to work in the morning, so it's kinda wearing a bit thin now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Upper or Lower Abbygate St?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It would be terrible if an indicator happened to accidentally short causing it to stop.

Place a nice note on the bike

If ignored place those white stickers used for addresses with some kind words to shut the fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Get the Gardaí to tow it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Time was when this country looked favourably on crime fighting talking vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anyone know what's the craic with the motorcycle that's parked down the bottom of Abbeygate St tonight (and last night too about this time). It must have some kind of motion sensor, and when someone walks past plays one of a couple of scripts

"Hey. Hey you. Hey, I'm talking to you. Look at me goddamit."

Or

"Hello. What's your name."

and some others.

I'm sure it's some kind of creative expression, and I love that crazy stuff happens in Galway.

But there are lots of people living in apartments around here - far more than you'd realise from the street. Some of us actually like sleeping 'cos we go to work in the morning, so it's kinda wearing a bit thin now.

I guess all the revellers, the bin collectors and creative expression comes at a price for living in the city centre. I for one couldn't do it. And I don't know how people who do, do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Robbo wrote: »
    Time was when this country looked favourably on crime fighting talking vehicles.

:D

Advertisement