Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eurogiant power bank

Options
  • 22-05-2017 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I got a power bank from eurogiant for five euro now do I know it's charging it doesn't appear to have light like other power banks I seen before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

softkitty wrote: »
    I got a power bank from eurogiant for five euro now do I know it's charging it doesn't appear to have light like other power banks I seen before

There probably is no LED to show it's charged. I wouldn't be leaving this power bank charging unattended...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dealz have 1,200MAh ones for €1.50 / £1 with lights.
    Red for charging flashing / steady , Blue for discharge.

Cheap and cheerful, but not enough capacity to fully charge your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Cheap and cheerful, but not enough capacity to fully charge your phone.

I find them perfect for powering Arduino projects :)
    Good for powering any other devices low external power supply requirements as well.

Has anyone seen one with an adjustable voltage level - Ive seen them a while back that can output 3v to 19v with a range of plugs - but dont seem available anymore.

“Roll it back”

Just hack one...add a boost regulator module.

Here's one I made earlier. Hacked inspection light (4.5V alkaline) and 5v fan. Making a rechargeable ultra-bright (over-driven) head torch. Complete with fan for cooling either the current limiting resistor or yerself and a range extender.

rZl1Qpw.jpg

Cool devices but marketing w@nk epitomised; I wouldn't need one most of the time if I could buy a phone with an adequately sized battery for my needs. Seems slim is more of a priority than longevity in that department.
    They're not a bank of anything they are a cell and a charging/driver circuit.
    1,200mAh is 1.2Ah.
    Sounds larger by abuse of SI units.

My car does 200, 000, 000mm an hour. :rolleyes:

Advertisement