Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lean-to cost - 2 bed mid terrace

Options
  • 22-05-2017 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering what sort of money i should be thinking of when considering the below.
    2 bed mid terrace house, c. 4.5 metres wide. The living room is towards the rear of the house and I was considering pushing the floor area out 1.5-2m with a slated roof and possibly a velux or two.
    Just wondering what the cost would be for that, if say the existing doors were reused (if it makes sense to do so), and the walls were brought ready to paint etc No need for considering new floor, just to a stage where it would be ready for someone to lay a wooden floor or carpet.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

alexlyons wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what sort of money i should be thinking of when considering the below.
    2 bed mid terrace house, c. 4.5 metres wide. The living room is towards the rear of the house and I was considering pushing the floor area out 1.5-2m with a slated roof and possibly a velux or two.
    Just wondering what the cost would be for that, if say the existing doors were reused (if it makes sense to do so), and the walls were brought ready to paint etc No need for considering new floor, just to a stage where it would be ready for someone to lay a wooden floor or carpet.

thanks

you'd probably be looking at 1200/sq meter, plus the cost of removing the wall between existing dwelling and extension (if required).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'd say 15-20k
    Allowing for all removal through the house (mid terrace)
    Founds, earth removal etc

Advertisement