Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name change on BOI account

Options
  • 22-05-2017 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

For personal reasons I am going back to using my original surname on my birth cert. This was changed by deed poll by my mother in the 90's.

I have been to the solilictor and have got the relevent deed poll\paperwork completed and am now going the the process of updating everything.

Can you please advise what the process will be and what are the requirements to have all of my accounts updated.

Through BOI I have:
    - Current account
    - Joint mortgage with my Fiancee
    - Pension policy

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

glas1234 wrote: »
    Hi

For personal reasons I am going back to using my original surname on my birth cert. This was changed by deed poll by my mother in the 90's.

I have been to the solilictor and have got the relevent deed poll\paperwork completed and am now going the the process of updating everything.

Can you please advise what the process will be and what are the requirements to have all of my accounts updated.

Through BOI I have:
    - Current account
    - Joint mortgage with my Fiancee
    - Pension policy

Thanks

Hi glas1234, thanks for getting in touch.

To change the name on your accounts, please call into your nearest Bank of Ireland branch

Bring along the documentation from your solicitor (deed poll documents), a form of photo ID such as a passport/drivers licence as well as your account numbers and pension policy details.

Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola

Advertisement