Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan Face?

Options
  • 22-05-2017 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I've tried a few different brands of fake tan on my face but my face always seems to go bright red & hot. Can anyone recommend a good product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

I don't really Tan my face anymore but when I did I used the Lancôme Flash Bronzer had no issues with it. No streaks and not too dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Yeah I wouldnt tan my face - there are some products specific to the face if you really want to, but no way would I use a regular tanning product on my face.

I have foundations in a number of different shades to match whatever I need at the time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

James Read tan does some really good facial tanners. They're not cheap but have good results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

http://www.boots.ie/clarins-radiance-plus-golden-glow-booster-10170951

I use that - its great. You mix 3 drops with your normal mosturiser. Its not really a tan - it gives a glow you can build up with more applications.

I also use the body one and its as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I find Soleil tan de Chanel amazing, id never apply a fake tan to my face, I prefer to darken and warm up my skin tone with bronzers and foundations to match my body. Your face is a different colour to the rest of you, you might not notice it but the face has more redness and deeper undertones compared to the rest of your body so if youve got pink undertones anyway a tan will exaggerate those shades, the face is also more sensitive so a tan can irritate it causing more redness. Face tan would be fine for someone with sallow skin or yellow undertones and no sensitivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Parchment wrote: »
    http://www.boots.ie/clarins-radiance-plus-golden-glow-booster-10170951

I use that - its great. You mix 3 drops with your normal mosturiser. Its not really a tan - it gives a glow you can build up with more applications.

I also use the body one and its as good.

Was just going to recommend this before I read your post! Love this stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I rarely tan my face as I don't think it's good for it but when I do I use the Clarins drops as another person mentioned. Have them open 2 years now so probably gone off at this stage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Was just going to recommend this before I read your post! Love this stuff!
    Its foolproof.

I have NEVER had success with any kind of tanning product so i actually gave up until i saw this. I thought the idea was genius and you can tailor it to what you want in terms of depth.

Its *SO* natural looking and believable. I started using it when a co-worker was away on holidays and when she came back she was like "oh wow - you look amazing, what were you doing why i was away!". She said i was glowing - its so good!!

Im amazed its not more popular. Also the bottles last for ages!

Advertisement