Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's the most famous person in your phone

• 22-05-2017 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Who's the most famous person in your phone? I have a senator who's also a local doctor. Very dull I know! Have fun!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Johnny Logan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Mark Zuckerberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I can google lots of famous people and they'd be in my phone.

People like...Mary Harney. Mr. Motivator.

People like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

xavier8228 wrote: »
    Who's the most famous person in your phone? I have a senator who's also a local doctor. Very dull I know! Have fun!

Bono. I haz the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Stephan Ward and Robbie Brady

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Henry Shefflin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭vandriver

Someone in the pub gave me Mick McCarthy's​ mobile number,and thinking they were messing,I called it.
    Two seconds later I had Mick ,who sounded like he was driving,demanding where I had got his number from!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 WealthyAndWise

Dave from U2. (The Edge as he's best known). One of my best mates, we always hang out when he's home and I've been lucky enough to tour the world with him. He never forgot his roots.

I got to know a lot of the lads in the scene thanks to Dave. I chat to the lads from Depeche Mode on the phone regularly, sound blokes.

A taxi driver that delivers booze in the middle of the night. He's very famous around these parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I have many screenshots of "The Fappening" ......Many loads there :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Charlie Chawke.

I have him saved as Chawkie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

fatknacker wrote: »
    I can google lots of famous people and they'd be in my phone.

People like...Mary Harney. Mr. Motivator.

People like that.

He held the door open for me once in a Market Town leisure centre. He's never lost touch with the 'little people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Clare from Meteor customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Brendan Rodgers, Prince Nazeem Hammed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

xavier8228 wrote: »
    Have fun!

Cheers.

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    I've got a Prince Naseem tee shirt I picked up at one of his fights.Its atrocious,but I won't let the wife throw it out.
    I'm not sure it would fit me anymore,and it certainly wouldn't fit him.

https://goo.gl/photos/SNiwYXv1dJV5zQMf9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Pivot Eoin wrote: »

I'd say poor oul Prince Naseem would take a phone call from Vodafone marketing these days his phone rings so little.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Not exactly famous. An actor from Emmerdale, the niece of a founding member of the UK National Front (she has no connection to fascism), Damon Albarn from Blur, and Julie Lenarz, a well known journalist and good friend. I don't enjoy chatting over the phone (I'm a face to face chatter) so I'm not sure why they're in there at all. It's my ex who knows 'everyone' though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Larry Murphy's.

Great pub.

FIN_20131017_BUS_012_29301792_I1.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Henry Mountcharles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A few GAA lads that would be well known.

Got Eddie Irvine's number of a housemate when we were in college years ago. She had been seeing him for a few months but ended it. It was back when he would have been in the public eye. Cue a few weeks later and I was down in Galway having cans with the lads before heading out. Irvine appears on TV at the Meteor awards iirc.

I announced that I'll give him a call. Hadn't told the lads how or why I had the number... sure enough, live on TV his phone started ringing and best still, he made a joke of it and said he would answer it. I frooze when he did but it wouldn't have mattered with all the shouting that was going on in the background.

368100 wrote: »
    Henry Mountcharles

I suppose he needs to call someone to muck out the stables :p

Oh I had Russell Grant's number, famous astrologer who's very camp, getting on a bit, fancied my boyfriend and always told me how fabulous I am whenever we met, but then moved on to flirt shamelessly with the boyfriend.

Oh I had Russell Grant's number, famous astrologer who's very camp, getting on a bit, fancied my boyfriend and always told me how fabulous I am whenever we met, but then moved on to flirt shamelessly with the boyfriend.

Did he flirt back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have Nicholas Lyndhurst's number. A mate of mine who worked on stage with him gave it to me. I was telling a few mates in the pub that I had it and they dared me to ring it so I did and he answered. I told him who I was and how I got his number and asked if he'd say hello to a few of my friends if I put him on speakerphone. He said 'fcuk off' and hung up. What a cùnt.

What a cùnt.

Don't be so harsh on yourself, you were just trying to impress your friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A well known 90s singer

Gravelly wrote: »
    Did he flirt back?

No :) That reminds me, he was also asked if he ''rents'' by an older man when he was about 15, I've forgotten the name of the area of London Clapham Common maybe. He said ''No, I'm staying with my sister'' :D
    I've definitely noticed he seems to attract gay men :D

A well known 90s singer

Daniel O'Donnell?

• Advertisement

No :) That reminds me, he was also asked if he ''rents'' by an older man when he was about 15, I've forgotten the name of the area of London Clapham Common maybe. He said ''No, I'm staying with my sister'' :D
    I've definitely noticed he seems to attract gay men :D

Hopefully it's not because they all know him from somewhere..... ;)

Hopefully it's not because they all know him from somewhere..... ;)

Suspicious mind :p He didn't know London at the time.
    No, I've introduced him to gay acquaintances myself and seen the subtle gleam of interest in their eyes. He's just goodlooking, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Dave from U2. (The Edge as he's best known). One of my best mates, we always hang out when he's home and I've been lucky enough to tour the world with him. He never forgot his roots.

I got to know a lot of the lads in the scene thanks to Dave. I chat to the lads from Depeche Mode on the phone regularly, sound blokes.

I've always found it rude that people call The Edge just "Edge". Rude. Use his first name.

I'd call him The.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I have Dermot Whelan's number in my phone as well as two numbers for Blathnaid N? Chofaigh.

I have Dermot Whelan's number in my phone as well as two numbers for Blathnaid N? Chofaigh.

Sorry to hear that. One would be bad enough for anyone :pac:

I never watch Irish TV .Would that explain why I've never heard of either?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

A well known 90s singer

Mustnt be that well known if you cant remember who it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Joe Bloggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Actually, I have both Brennan brothers numbers in my phone....do I win a prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

GAA legends assorted counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Liam Neeson....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Marty Morrissey. Few of us were having a few drinks in the apartment one night so we gave him a call. No answer.
    A few hours/beers later, incredibly he returned my call and we had a chat!

gmisk wrote: »
    Liam Neeson....

I'd be ringing him every 5 minutes with the "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want......" line until he blocked me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'd be ringing him every 5 minutes with the "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want......" line until he blocked me.
    Ha I cant say I haven't been tempted!
    But he is an incredibly nice fella and I wouldn't wanna bother him, plus he always sends a nice Christmas card and a Christmas present to my folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

A well known 90s singer

Tony Bennett?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I have Nicholas Lyndhurst's number. A mate of mine who worked on stage with him gave it to me. I was telling a few mates in the pub that I had it and they dared me to ring it so I did and he answered. I told him who I was and how I got his number and asked if he'd say hello to a few of my friends if I put him on speakerphone. He said 'fcuk off' and hung up. What a cùnt.

Thats extremely invasive of his privacy! He coulda been nicer about it but he wasnt totally in the wrong either :pac:

B0jangles wrote: »
    Tony Bennett?

I got that but I don't think many will :)

In my phone I'd say my dad, who isn't 'famous' per se but well known in his particular area. My grandfather would be a recognizable name in his field too, though long retired now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

wakka12 wrote: »
    Thats extremely invasive of his privacy! He coulda been nicer about it but he wasnt totally in the wrong either :pac:

In fact, he was completely 100% in the right...

Candie wrote: »
    I got that but I don't think many will :)

In my phone I'd say my dad, who isn't 'famous' per se but well known in his particular area. My grandfather would be a recognizable name in his field too, though long retired now.

I'm fairly well recognised in my own field too believe it or not.
    Any time I'm standing in my field, the neighbours passing on the road shout out "get off that sheep Gravelly ya dirty b@stard ya"

I'm fairly well recognised in my own field too believe it or not.
    Any time I'm standing in my field, the neighbours passing on the road shout out "get off that sheep Gravelly ya dirty b@stard ya"

Did you hear about the Kerryman who won a Nobel prize?

He was out standing in his own field.

The old ones are the good ones. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Me mate andy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement