Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher Conciliation Committee

Options
  • 22-05-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

looking for any advice on an appeal to the Teacher Conciliation Council for incremental credit. My ETB approved my application however the Dept. of Ed disagreed with that finding and refused to sanction any payment. I do have leave to appeal to the TCC, I have emailed my union repeatedly for guidance but have not received any response. A colleague informed me that an appeal would take the form of myself attending a TTC hearing where I would make my case etc, it was likened to a court case and I was advised to get legal advice. My HR dept. basically told me the opposite, just write out the grounds where you feel the Dept. were incorrect and in writing ask for it be overturned.
    I can find no information online as to which approach is correct and am asking if any regular posters here have any insights or opinions. thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't email the Union. Contact your local rep. They will put you directly in touch with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 foxes

Thanks Spurious. Eventually tracked down who my area rep. is and made contact during the week. I'll let you know what the outcome is.
    However if anyone has any experience of getting incremental credit via the Teacher Conciliation Council please pass on any information or thoughts you may have. cheers

Advertisement