Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Purchase in Private Company

Options
  • 22-05-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I am purchasing shares in a private company (of which I am a shareholder & Director) from a fellow shareholder. The price has been agreed and is all above board and known by the other shareholders. I am wondering what the formal requirements are re. writing up Minutes, paying of Stamp Duty etc. is as I want to ensure everything is correctly taken care of in this respect. Can anyone point me to where I might get such information on the Company Secretarial requirements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Have you read the constitutional documents of the company?

Trip to the accountant or solicitor is in order if you don't know the steps.

If you have paid more than a nominal sum for the shares, you really need a shareholders' agreement in place. Even if you have only paid a nominal sum, you really need this if you are to be a minority shareholder who is going to invest time in the company.

Advertisement