Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike panel repair & repaint

• 22-05-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone to repaint a bike panel.

It has one crack - where indicator mounts - hence the bloody crack when it went over, in the car park.

It would nearly superglue invisibly, or failing that plastic weld from behind.

It's a single colour panel from an SV 650 - and being silver can be a PITA to match -hoping someone bike experienced would be up for it.

TIA as they say.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You don't fancy having a go at repairing it yourself?
    Plastex is very good for those kind of repairs. And get a decent painter to paint it afterwards.
    http://www.plastex.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Adhesive putty would probably sort it by the sounds of things. I wouldn't bother getting it repainted professionally for just a crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The plastic welding or stapling I could do - but painting to match OEM I couldn't (let's not kid a kidder here ! :) )

If I caught the muppet that thought it was a good idea for the indicator to mount directly to the plastic, so that when it touches down it just doesn't muller a €10 indicator, but probably a €200 panel I'd string him up..............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Steph in SD Designs.

Top man for the job.

Steph in SD Designs.

Top man for the job.

Thanks - where is that/he/she ? Google doesn't show up anything except a dead url

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

galwaytt wrote: »
    Thanks - where is that/he/she ? Google doesn't show up anything except a dead url

Stephan is a man and his company is called SD Designs.
    He does body/paint work and bike refreshes for the road racers and track racers.

He has the wheels and body work off my 996 at the moment.

Hes in Kells up near CCs Unlimited.

His number.......087 053 5838
    Hes on facebook too

20170518_150347_zps55sccn28.jpg

Great, thanks Stewy - will follow up.

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement