Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mineral Makeup

Options
  • 22-05-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of starting to use mineral foundation! Hoping it will help my skin. Don't really suffer with spots just little bumps under the skin! I don't know which brand to go for. And then whether powder or liquid!
    Hoping one of you might have experience with it? I'd want a medium coverage and one that isn't drying!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

idunno78 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of starting to use mineral foundation! Hoping it will help my skin. Don't really suffer with spots just little bumps under the skin! I don't know which brand to go for. And then whether powder or liquid!
    Hoping one of you might have experience with it? I'd want a medium coverage and one that isn't drying!

Thanks!

I love Bare Minerals. Best to call to one of their counters & get a consultation & test the colours. I use the cream version nowadays as I prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Bare Minerals is great and Mac do a very nice one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I used mac mineralize (liquid one)before but found it slid of my face after a few hours!
    Bare Mineras seems to be the go to one! Wonder do they give samples at the counters?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

I tried the image I-conceal and the Glo minerals Luxe foundations recently and was pleasantly surprised at them. I preferred the image one as it had more coverage but I will say if you have oily skin both resulted in break downing my makeup in my bad spots by the end of the day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I like Lili Lolo powder mineral foundation. Nice and light and doesn't dry out my skin. They have a few great pale shade options too.

• Advertisement

idunno78 wrote: »
    I used mac mineralize (liquid one)before but found it slid of my face after a few hours!
    Bare Mineras seems to be the go to one! Wonder do they give samples at the counters?

I havnt used the liquid one but the mineral powder is great. You can buy Bare minerals starter kits in Brown Thomas, theyre 50 euro and you get two small sized mineral powder foundations, a matt on and an original one, a (useless) brush.. the hairs fall out, and you get a small primer too which lasts ages. The foundations and primer from the starter kit have lasted me almost a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

I havnt used the liquid one but the mineral powder is great. You can buy Bare minerals starter kits in Brown Thomas, theyre 50 euro and you get two small sized mineral powder foundations, a matt on and an original one, a (useless) brush.. the hairs fall out, and you get a small primer too which lasts ages. The foundations and primer from the starter kit have lasted me almost a year.

If you go to the Bare Minerals counter at BT, would they help you with application, shade matching, etc? Would like to try it before buying. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I like Bare Minerals. They have a starter kit which will have all you need. Just ask for a tutorial at counter. Debenhams have 10% off all beauty at the moment.

cactusgal wrote: »
    If you go to the Bare Minerals counter at BT, would they help you with application, shade matching, etc? Would like to try it before buying. Thanks!

Yes, they should do theyre usually very helpful

Advertisement