Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR

• 22-05-2017 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone considering joining eir for any service at all, best of luck with it. You will need some patience. I have been waiting over a month for a simple home broadband move which has now been done after about 50 calls and countless errors. I have been given different information and prices on every call. None of them have a clue what's going on. A supervisor then called me but when I called back and asked for him, I was told there was no notes and basically where to go. The prices this company quotes are all wrong. They will give you wrong information to get you signed up. I'll document my experience on facebook and share it. Stay clear to avoid serious grief.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭grimeire

Raym23 wrote: »
    Anyone considering joining eir for any service at all, best of luck with it. You will need some patience. I have been waiting over a month for a simple home broadband move which has now been done after about 50 calls and countless errors. I have been given different information and prices on every call. None of them have a clue what's going on. A supervisor then called me but when I called back and asked for him, I was told there was no notes and basically where to go. The prices this company quotes are all wrong. They will give you wrong information to get you signed up. I'll document my experience on facebook and share it. Stay clear to avoid serious grief.

this is in the wrong section, i think. this is the midband section

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Turbsaway

Couldn’t agree more. Moving home and wanted to transfer same broadband services and number. I had far less trouble building the new house! Spent half of Christmas break waiting for someone in ‘Eir move’ to answer phone. Regularly got cut off. Longest wait was 1hr 17mins. Five separate waits over an hour to get an answer. Got cut off multiple times while on hold. When eventually ordered new service (they won’t transfer current service and you have to cancel it, then sign up for new service) and confirmed package and installation time, I thought it was all sorted but then got an email saying I had signed up for a different package and gave a different installation time!!! Sent 3 emails with no reply. Took another 3 calls and cumulative 2hrs 21 minutes waiting to find out that they had got my emails and would change the package once it had been installed. Second installation was correct one. Very cranky woman got extremely irate that I should complain at the lack of information / response to emails and continually spoke over me while regurgitating some company diatribe she told me “I have to tell you so do not interrupt me”.
    Eventually got installed and it’s not my old number!!
    They use KN to install. These guys are very good - I have dealt with them before and they really know their stuff. Unfortunately they depend on a crowd of moronic halfwits in Eir to give them instructions.
    So I now have the wrong package and incorrect phone number. I don’t know if I have the will or time to try and change it! The package I want and ordered is actually more expensive than the one they gave me! Muppetts! If you can avoid this collection of clowns, DO!

The people you have to deal with are semi-retardedquote="Raym23;103585391"]Anyone considering joining eir for any service at all, best of luck with it. You will need some patience. I have been waiting over a month for a simple home broadband move which has now been done after about 50 calls and countless errors. I have been given different information and prices on every call. None of them have a clue what's going on. A supervisor then called me but when I called back and asked for him, I was told there was no notes and basically where to go. The prices this company quotes are all wrong. They will give you wrong information to get you signed up. I'll document my experience on facebook and share it. Stay clear to avoid serious grief.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hippy nipper

Don't go near EIR worst ever just counting the days for contract to be finished

• Registered Users Posts: 27 shuggy1001

The golden rules:
    1. Do not join Eir.
    2. "But they have a great offer" - see rule 1
    3. "I can't get any other supplier where I live" - see rule 1 and do more research (mobile broadband options, satellite etc)
    4. "I've researched and Eir are the only supplier I can get, for sure." - See rule 1 and consider how simple life can be without broadband.

Just spend a few minutes on google/twitter/boards looking at the amount of issues people have with customer service. They have such a grip on the market in Ireland that they don't have to be any good to still make money, the fact they are now part of the rural broadband rollout means it'll only get worse IMO.

Also waiting out our contract so we can get out.
    Similar to OP, had major issues moving home, forced to enter a new 18 month contract, service was not available in the house so downgraded to just mobile. We now have 2 Eir accounts as they didn't close the original one so they have been billing us twice each month. Been on phone to them for over 4 months trying to sort it. They have promised refunds that never appeared, regularly on hold for 2+ hours, sometimes they just hang up for no reason, they've promised callbacks and don't ring back. It seems like they go out of their way to make things difficult.

Speaking to customer support this morning, they weren't able to access details on the account as that "is a different department", then transferred to customer care... they seem to have multiple departments that have no way of communicating with each other and multiple systems that don't share information with each other. Their "online customer support" seems unable to actually do anything except tell you to call 1901 to contact customer support, so at this point I don't know why that even exists, except as a box ticking exercise.

The only luck I seem to have had is through the few guys that work for them and answer questions in the Talk to Eir forum on boards.ie...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Saulute6

Raym23 wrote: »

HI guys , a month waiting is actually not too bad , experience I had lead me to situation where I am not sure to laugh or cry anymore ...we purchased house 3 months ago and from the day one I am waiting and following , had 7 KN network engineers , 2 Eir engineers , 2 Eir sales people promising easy process and excellent service once set up and to my disappointment we are still following everyone and waiting patiently - no communication , no plan and even if you get to talk to someone - then only once as they disappear not answering calls afterwards ...oh forgot to mention Direct Debit was set up instantly so I think it is only department in there that works ;D

• Advertisement
Advertisement